View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 5:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
 W40k:Tau U-P-D-A-T-E !!!! 

Post Re: W40k:Tau U-P-D-A-T-E !!!!
NaXx wrote:
Pic

That looks pretty good, I've been looking at the Kroot via the Lexicanum and Wiki and lemi tell you, I'm way too neophyte to do these guys well. They would be extremely difficult to both sprite and I don't even know where walk-paths are, they'd obviously need custom ones. I can do some of their weapons though, infact I've already started.

List :

A converted Tau Fire-Rifle, more suited to Kroot's tactics.
A Splinter Pistol and Rifle, stolen by the Kroot.
Possibly a Storm-Bolter, stolen and modified by the Kroot.
And just a regular Kroot Rifle, I would do Kroot Pistols and Hunting Rifles, but I could only find decent pictures of regular rifle.
And a couple of the odd hand-made melee weapons. Probably a spear-like weapon and the odd double-sided axe weapon you usually see them with.

Sorry but doing the actor's is beyond me.

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:04 pm

By the way, the thing NaXx did is the heavy rail rifle, which should be a decent bit more powerful than the standard rail rifle...

Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:07 am
Profile WWW

i am trying to make it with a faster rate of fire and a lower range and power to equilise it...
the standar rail rifle is allready powerfull...

Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:22 pm

It should have a decently lower rate of fire, less clip size but the power uprating. It should also have increased kick, so lowly Pathfinders cannot wield it, resorting to suit of at least XV1 designation...
Though the current rail rifles rate of fire is ridiculously low... bump it up a notch or two please... Also, the rounds overpenetrate a bit. The Burst Cannon is essentially two Pulse Carbines stuck together, as such it should weigh about the same and have the same shortened range. Try sticking lifetimes on the rounds, with the carbine having lower lifetime rounds, the burst cannon with the same as the carbine and the pulse pistol even lower. Also try bumping up the fire rate of the single fire pulse rifle.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:51 pm
Profile WWW

ok.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:44 pm

Thanks theseus, maybe the serious guy or someone else
its interested on the tau gif pack :wink:

Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:49 pm

NaXx wrote:
Thanks theseus, maybe the serious guy or someone else
its interested on the tau gif pack :wink:

Thanks, using the KrootR in there as a base.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:11 am

Theseus wrote:
NaXx wrote:
Pic

That looks pretty good, I've been looking at the Kroot via the Lexicanum and Wiki and lemi tell you, I'm way too neophyte to do these guys well. They would be extremely difficult to both sprite and I don't even know where walk-paths are, they'd obviously need custom ones. I can do some of their weapons though, infact I've already started.

List :

A converted Tau Fire-Rifle, more suited to Kroot's tactics.
A Splinter Pistol and Rifle, stolen by the Kroot.
Possibly a Storm-Bolter, stolen and modified by the Kroot.
And just a regular Kroot Rifle, I would do Kroot Pistols and Hunting Rifles, but I could only find decent pictures of regular rifle.
And a couple of the odd hand-made melee weapons. Probably a spear-like weapon and the odd double-sided axe weapon you usually see them with.

Sorry but doing the actor's is beyond me.

First of all I'd like to point out the kroot wouldn't need a new walk-path. When you make the leg sprite you have 2 points to consider, where the leg connects at the hip, and where the foot goes. as long as those 2 points are in the same orientation, it doesn't really matter. yes they have digi-grade feet, so what, make the fronts of there feet the feet and include the rest as part of the leg.

2nd Yes, I know the kroot would be a pain to sprite, but, we don't exactly have equal sprite making talent here.

3rd I only just saw your imperial fists, and well... I still have to download it and test them (CC is going weird on me and not letting me use more than 3-4 mods)

4th: those weird pick-axe-hook things they have, that you always see them with, ARE the kroot guns. They are a 2-handed ranged weapon, that also count as a 2 handed close-combat weapon. they use them like a stave

5th I look forward to seeing whatever you do. you look talented.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:59 am
Profile YIM WWW

Miles_T3hR4t wrote:

Walk-Path; Sprite; Kroot-Gun is Axe-Thingy.

Well thanks for the compliment, I'm trying to make my stuff look good, even with limited experience.

Also, I've done a bit more research, the Kroot walk-paths would probably not need to be horribly edited, but the sprite of them could still be a pain. I realise that the Axe-Thing is the Kroot Rifle and I'm making efforts to merge what I already have.

Let me finish the weapons I'm doing, work on my Chaos Marines and then I'll try spriting the Kroot's themselves. It's shame that doing the rest of the Kroot would be hard though. The Kroot-Hound and Krootox could be iffy.

Although it would be possible to make a Kroot-Hound via ACrab.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:09 am

Theseus wrote:
Miles_T3hR4t wrote:

Walk-Path; Sprite; Kroot-Gun is Axe-Thingy.

Well thanks for the compliment, I'm trying to make my stuff look good, even with limited experience.

Also, I've done a bit more research, the Kroot walk-paths would probably not need to be horribly edited, but the sprite of them could still be a pain. I realise that the Axe-Thing is the Kroot Rifle and I'm making efforts to merge what I already have.

Let me finish the weapons I'm doing, work on my Chaos Marines and then I'll try spriting the Kroot's themselves. It's shame that doing the rest of the Kroot would be hard though. The Kroot-Hound and Krootox could be iffy.

Although it would be possible to make a Kroot-Hound via ACrab.

you could probably do the really cheap thing and make the blades on the kroot gun an attachable thing that happens to be sharp, and unable to hit the parent. which yes, means you'd have to actually swing..... Unless it was say, an AEmitter...... but then of course you could just hold it on doors and they'd die.

2nd. A Crab with a jet-pack and attached AEmiters emitting sharp particles, so that when you jump you launch forward (IE jump and bite) and things will die when you hit them.... this to me is AWESOME! if it works well.....

3... I dunno... 3....

Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:35 am
Profile YIM WWW

Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
2nd. A Crab with a jet-pack and attached AEmiters emitting sharp particles, so that when you jump you launch forward (IE jump and bite) and things will die when you hit them.... this to me is AWESOME! if it works well.....

Hm, that's possible, personally I was thinking of making the head itself a melee weapon that can be fired for a 'biting' effect.

But that's down the road, I'm having enough trouble making my defiler walk, much less making something smaller lunge and bite.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:38 am

Would you be able to have sharp emitters on the kroot rifle to use the bladed stave aspect of it? If so, that would be awesome...

Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:40 am
Profile WWW

411570N3 wrote:
Would you be able to have sharp emitters on the kroot rifle to use the bladed stave aspect of it? If so, that would be awesome...

I'm going to be honest here. I don't know how.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:42 am

That was a request, not a question.
Add attached emitters at the correct places, firing invisible mildly sharp particles.
There's also an variable in there that allows emmitted particles to ignore parents.
After that all that is required is to get the stances right so that the stave bladese are actually somewhat usable.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:46 am
Profile WWW

411570N3 wrote:
That was a request, not a question.
Add attached emitters at the correct places, firing invisible mildly sharp particles.
There's also an variable in there that allows emmitted particles to ignore parents.
After that all that is required is to get the stances right so that the stave bladese are actually somewhat usable.

Thats something I've been confused by.

A gun set to ignore parents will not ever hit the holder of the gun, But if you use an AEmitter to skip recoil, it can hit you (shoot around a small map, or up and down).

So where does "parent" stop? the AEmitter, what the AEmitter is attached to, what the AEmitter was emitted by? the gun? the Holder of the gun? where does the definition of "parent" end?

Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next