View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 The HM[WIP] Tau Mod (WH40K) - [Alpha Released: 01/05/09] 

Post The HM[WIP] Tau Mod (WH40K) - [Alpha Released: 01/05/09]
This is the New Hive-Mind Work In Progress Tau Mod thread, created with Grenade (the original mod's creator)'s blessing of course.
The Tau are a race from the Warhammer 40K Miniatures Tabletop game, sucky at close combat yet equipped with giant rail cannons and friggin' mecha.

The latest version is here.

To Newcomers: This is a Hive-Mind WIP, so if you want to make content then go ahead, that's the point, anything of sufficient quality will eventually be added and credited. That being said, please read the provided lists for information and try to stick pretty closely to canon.

Current Contributers:
Miles_T3hR4t (Quality Control, Nearly Official Coder) Currently: Waiting for me to get off my buttocks.
vagyr (Content Provider) Currently: Unknown
NaXx (Spriter) Currently: Spriting Drones
IronFistopheson (Spriter) Currently: Busy with real life.
Grenade (Former Content Provider, Original Creator) Much of the mod code is modified from his original
411570N3 (Me) (Compiler, De Facto Moderator, Spriter, Offsetter, Coder) Currently: Respriting heaps of stuff and spriting heaps of new stuff. Expect the new Tau to burn your enemies instead of your eyes.
FREAKIN' EVERYONE (Content provider) <This means you, notable contributers will be seperated and put on the list individually
Pending contributers: Metal_militia, p3lb0x, Jcgrey2, Wingwolf.
(List updated as regularly as I can be bothered, which is pretty often as it happens. If you're working on something PM me if you want...)

Especially Wanted:
-Lua coder, skill level at or above "Basic Syntax". If you need it I can set up the .ini files for you to build off of. I could probably also do pretty decent pseudo-code, but you'd have to handle the syntax yourself.
-Actor spriters

Wanted:
-Actor/weapon coders (preferably experienced)

Wanted, but not utterly urgent:
-People to comment on the mod. When release is out. Extremely soon.
-Craft/Vehicle spriters
-Effects person(s)

Note: If it's not on the list it doesn't mean we don't want you. All are welcome, but if you're on the list we especially want you. We want everyone nonetheless, we are a Hive Mind after all... *evil laugh*

Lists; Please refer to these and fully understand what you are making before trying to make it... please...

Picture Lists
Weapons/Drones Pictures
Units/Ships Pictures
More Pictures
Yet More Pictures and Info

In-depth function descriptions...
Weapon Descriptions
Unit/Vehicle Descriptions
Ships/Weapons

Descriptions of how they work as opposed to exactly what they do...
Weapon Descriptions
Unit Descriptions
Ship Descriptions

Codices
4th Edition

My resources; a bunch of sprites, the Tau alphabet in 4X5 for your own sprites and offfsets, here they are

Attachments:
File comment: Tau fusion blaster, bottom sprite unfinished...
Fusion Blaster.bmp [6.5 KiB]
Downloaded 263 times
File comment: Tau Flamers, both double and single barrel. Double barrel technically half-canon.
Flamer.bmp [6.14 KiB]
Downloaded 195 times
File comment: Tau pixel font, for sprites...
PixelFont.bmp [2.51 KiB]
Downloaded 161 times
File comment: Tau alphabet, to translate pixel font... not mine...
taualpha.gif [5.08 KiB]
Downloaded 218 times
File comment: Pulse rifle, standard issue firearm of the Tau...
Pulse Rifle.bmp [5.33 KiB]
Downloaded 159 times
File comment: Offsets for Pulse Pistol, Rifle and Fusion Blaster.
Offsets.rar [19.19 KiB]
Downloaded 759 times
File comment: Tau Seeker Missile system, handheld markerlight not technically canon.
Markerlight & Seeker Missile System.bmp [9.22 KiB]
Downloaded 149 times
File comment: Tau Missile Pods. Dithering was a pain.
Missile Pods.bmp [2.64 KiB]
Downloaded 126 times
File comment: Tau Rail Rifle, magazine location guessed...
Rail Rifle.bmp [3.93 KiB]
Downloaded 116 times
File comment: Tau Heavy Rail Rifle, technically non-canon.
Unfound Easter eggs: 2

Heavy Rail Rifle.bmp [9.81 KiB]
Downloaded 98 times
File comment: Tau Railgun for the XV88 battlesuit.
Rail Gun (XV88).bmp [14.61 KiB]
Downloaded 94 times
File comment: Tau Railgun for the XV88-2 battlesuit.
Rail Gun (XV88-2).bmp [4.71 KiB]
Downloaded 106 times
File comment: Tau Pulse Pistol, issued to ship pilots and battlesuit pilots.
Pulse Pistol.bmp [1.65 KiB]
Downloaded 100 times
File comment: Tau Pulse Carbine, modularised.
Unfound Easter Eggs: 1, shared with Heavy Rail Rifle

Pulse Carbine D.bmp [13.05 KiB]
Downloaded 129 times
File comment: I can admit when I'm wrong. Resized Pulse Rifle, standard issue weapon of the Tau. Now possible to hold comfortably with both hands.
Pulse Rifle S.bmp [4.55 KiB]
Downloaded 133 times

Last edited by 411570N3 on Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:29 am, edited 33 times in total.

Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:11 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: The HMWIP Tau Mod (WH40K)
ok...
now as soon as naXx show up on msn a new version might come.
also a new particle is created!!!
i made it to replace all the other paticles we have in the mod.
it is highly customizable able to have a big trail or no trail at all.
never the less it is realy simple.
it is an AEmitter than uses 6 MOpixels to simulate the damage(it will blow up when it comes into contact with anything).
and another 3 MOpixels to give it a trail.
the MOpixels of the trail can be given sprites to give it a more flashy trail or they can be removed completly.
the 6 MOpixels also have sprites to give the explosion a colorfull/impressive tone,obiously by giving them a low lifespan and an null sprite it will be an exelent bullet.
the good things abute this particle are than you can give it any shape you want to,it does not destroy the terrain so easily,not as laggy as the particle than we currenlty have and with just a few changes in numbers it can used to create all the bullets(from the rail rifle to the pulse rifle and eaven to the fusion blaster)
the bad thing is than each effect MUST be sprited in order to be used(i have riped random sptites from other mods just to test it).
(the other problem is than i am boasting for a pretty basic thing so much)

and the last things i made exept the thing above are
a new effect for the jetpack
2 new actors 1 is the brain unit(a stealth suit commander) and the other 1 is the fire warrior suport(uses a vox device to request funds,basicaly a money generator)
and a new weapon based on the sprites from naXx called the stealthsuit rail rifle(made for the commander)

Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:28 pm

@Miles: Offsetting begun. Fusion blaster offsets working awesomely.
EDIT: Latest release by Vagyr, offsets still yet to be implemented.

Attachments:
File comment: By Vagyr - 04/04/09
Tau.rte (04-04-09).rar [1.99 MiB]
Downloaded 880 times

Last edited by 411570N3 on Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:30 pm
Profile WWW

vagyr wrote:
ok...
now as soon as naXx show up on msn a new version might come.
also a new particle is created!!!
i made it to replace all the other paticles we have in the mod.
it is highly customizable able to have a big trail or no trail at all.
never the less it is realy simple.
it is an AEmitter than uses 6 MOpixels to simulate the damage(it will blow up when it comes into contact with anything).
and another 3 MOpixels to give it a trail.
the MOpixels of the trail can be given sprites to give it a more flashy trail or they can be removed completly.
the 6 MOpixels also have sprites to give the explosion a colorfull/impressive tone,obiously by giving them a low lifespan and an null sprite it will be an exelent bullet.
the good things abute this particle are than you can give it any shape you want to,it does not destroy the terrain so easily,not as laggy as the particle than we currenlty have and with just a few changes in numbers it can used to create all the bullets(from the rail rifle to the pulse rifle and eaven to the fusion blaster)
the bad thing is than each effect MUST be sprited in order to be used(i have riped random sptites from other mods just to test it).
(the other problem is than i am boasting for a pretty basic thing so much)

and the last things i made exept the thing above are
a new effect for the jetpack
2 new actors 1 is the brain unit(a stealth suit commander) and the other 1 is the fire warrior suport(uses a vox device to request funds,basicaly a money generator)
and a new weapon based on the sprites from naXx called the stealthsuit rail rifle(made for the commander)

thats entirely over-complicated, and ensures that everything looks exactly the same, but regardless of that, post a few screencaps.

Also for the other stuff:
New jetpack - sweet, pics plz
brain unit - I have said many times I hate 'brain units' can we also get just a normal brain?
new fire warrior - pics. for new actors, pics very needed. also, a Fire-warrior support unit would be a Pathfinder, which is very needed. Pathfinders use Pulse carbines or rail rifles, check-ish and check-ish.

Stealth suit rail-rifle - wut? Stealth suits don't use rail rifles, which is a problem. I wish they did on the table top which is also a problem.

This next statement goes to everyone.

NONE OF OUR FUDGE SPRITES MATCH!
Yes, a lot of the sprites posted since we started, have been nice, but they all look like there part of completely different armies, in completely different games. It is CRITICALLY IMPORTANT that our sprites mesh well together or it will be a crap mod for visuals.

The Pulse Pistol, Pulse Rifle, Rail Rifle (normal), and Fusion blaster (stealth suit) are perfect (barring perhaps size) All further sprites should use those colors. If it is a stealth suit related object, use the colors in the darker fusion blaster, otherwise, use the rest. Create a smaller Tau Pallet of colors used, and use it.

Also I've been a little busy, the last day or 2, My step brother, his friend, his friend's girlfriend, and my mom all showed up in 1 day, and stayed the night in the living-room playing videogames and BSing, and now after they all left, I find that I'm missing almost $400. I am also notifying you all that I will be gone all day tomorrow, and may be busy sunday. after that Offsets for the fusion blaster will be done and I'll begin converting/updating code to make a working fusion blaster.

Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:05 pm
Profile YIM WWW

ok i guess i was talking a litle odd...
to put it simple.
the *new* suport unit is nothing more than a pre equiped fire warrior with a new device called a vox device(similar to radios).
the vox device is totaly cannon as it is used by all factions(exept turanids who comunicate via the void).
what i did was make a digger than digs air and produces income.
nothing than involves a new mecanism or a super code but it gets the job done.
a custom sprite could be used but i canot sprite and a dress code for the tau army would be usefull.
that takes care of the new unit.
now the steath rail rifle.
when naXx(i thing) was doing some research for the mod found a custom weapon which used the stats than it should use and it was aproved from the users of the forum where the gun was posted.
so there you have it a rail rifle for the stealthsuit.
as for the actor brain.
i did thought than a structure would be fiting but i had no idea how it would look like.
a concept for a tau bunker module+brain must be found obiously(and maybe a whole bunker set).
lastly as for the particle.
it has a difrent sprite for each MOpixel so how will it be the same each time?
can you please explain this last bit?
and i cannot post a screenshot for the same reason i do not post new versions my self.
i cannot atach files...
the fusion blaster uses the new particle you can try it and see for your self what i mean.
and it currently looks like a solace weapon since i riped his sprites from there...
plac mortal or somthing like that....

Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:00 pm

vagyr wrote:
Words and more words

Can you just post pictures of all the new stuff?

--Edit--
411570N3 wrote:
@Miles: Offsetting begun. Fusion blaster offsets working awesomely.
EDIT: Latest release by Vagyr, offsets still yet to be implemented.

are we gonna use the code I made for the rail rifle? I Read the files and its not the same.

I will convert my Rail Rifle code to use the smaller rail rifle sprite, and add the fusion blaster to it, then upload them both as 1 RTE when there finished.

Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:54 am
Profile YIM WWW

I thought we established that the only problem was the offsets, jointstrength and lag... but if you insist...
EDIT: Decided to try the Missile pod again, dithering is pain for my mind breakyness...
EDIT 2: As done with the missile pods as I'll get this try, also redid the seeker missile ever so slightly.
EDIT 3: Got it on pretty good authority: Pulse rifles have very low spread and are semi-auto. Pulse carbines should be burst fire with slight spread and same damage as pulse rifle. Pulse pistol has less damage than Rifle and decent spread. My current to do list: Plasma Rifle, Burst Cannon, That Random Glowy Shield Thing, Drones. Proper Grenades fit in there somewhere. Mini-sized weapons aren't high priority, when it's a wide problem then I'll deal with it, sorry Miles. Offsets also fit in there somewhere...

Attachments:
File comment: Seeker missile system... markerlight technically non-canon. Missile shading now improved.
Markerlight & Seeker Missile System.bmp [9.22 KiB]
Downloaded 42 times
File comment: Tau Missile pods. Dithering about as done as I can get it without the need for a mental health clinic.
Missile Pods.bmp [2.64 KiB]
Downloaded 39 times
Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:11 am
Profile WWW

You are always respriting my sprites ! Same with rocket launcher . Start drawing your own sprites if you are making your own mod . Im sick that you always use elements from my sprites .

Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:23 pm

What? The missile pods are completely scratch - I didn't base it off anything... As of yet, the only thing that's a resprite of your sprite is the pulse pistol, which I plan on redoing soon...
The missile pods... what made you think I based them off your sprites?
I made them from a red square I made as the silhouette...
I don't understand how they could be considered resprites in any way...

EDIT: Fine, If it bothers you this much I'll redo the pulse pistol now.
EDIT 2:
411570N3 wrote:
Fine, If it bothers you this much I'll redo the pulse pistol 3 seconds ago.
Fix'd
EDIT 3: Hooray! I found canon non kit-bashed reference pics of the Cyclic Ion Blaster and Airbursting Fragmentation Launcher =)

Attachments:
File comment: Now with pretty much nothing by Grenade...
Pulse Pistol.bmp [1.65 KiB]
Downloaded 45 times
Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:49 pm
Profile WWW

It's decent so far, but obviously the offsets need to be fixed.
Oh yeah, give the grunts a more powerful jump- right now the tiny little hop isn't good for much.

Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:55 pm

Offshets done for deh Fusion Blashter! =)

Just decided I'd do the same for the rest of the weapons not specifically requiring a battlesuit to weild

Attachments:
File comment: OFFSETS!
Fusion Blaster.txt [448 Bytes]
Downloaded 554 times
Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:43 pm
Profile WWW

411570N3 wrote:
Offshets done for deh Fusion Blashter! =)

Just decided I'd do the same for the rest of the weapons not specifically requiring a battlesuit to weild

that doesn't help at all without the sprites

Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:26 pm
Profile YIM WWW

@Miles_T3hR4t did you downloaded the mod?
becose the fusion blaster is in the mod,available when you order the steathsuit fb.
it also has the new projectile i had asked you to see...

Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:23 pm

vagyr wrote:
@Miles_T3hR4t did you downloaded the mod?
becose the fusion blaster is in the mod,available when you order the steathsuit fb.
it also has the new projectile i had asked you to see...

so, after almost a week of me saying, as soon as we have use of the new fusion blaster sprite with good offsets, I'll do all the code for it, and I made some nice code for it, none of my work is being used.

I'm out. ♥♥♥♥ this mod.

Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:49 am
Profile YIM WWW

-_-"
Please try not to piss off Miles Vagyr....
Also try to pay attention.
Anyway, I've just decided that I'll be doing the compilations from now on. Vagyr may contribute but I think it's time I got off my arse and did it. So I can unconditionally guarantee that your work will be used Miles. UNCONDITIONAL GUARANTEE OTHERWISE I'LL EAT ALL OF MY OWN APPENDAGES! EVERY LAST ONE! INCLUDING MY NOSE AND OTHER PHYSICALLY UNREACHABLE PARTS! AND THEN I'LL DO MY LIMBS AND VITAL ORGANS! AND THEN MY HOUSE AND ALL CONTAINED PROPERTY! AND THEN THE REST OF THE SUBURBAN MELBOURNE AREA AND THEN MAYBE THE REST OF VICTORIA! AND THEN AUSTRALIA AND THEN THE REST OF THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE AND I'LL KEEP EATING IT ALL EVEN IF I HAVE TO BREAK SEVERAL LAWS OF PHYSICS AS WELL AS THE UNIVERSE CAUSING IT TO ASPLODE AND/OR IMPLODE!

EDIT: Offsets .rar created, currently done: Fusion Blaster & Pulse Pistol. Yeah, yeah, yeah, my testing folder is called ZZZ I B Testing.rte, so what?

EDIT 2: Now with Pulse Rifle offsets! =)

EDIT 3: My browser appears to have glitched, making it appeear that all my uploaded sprites dissapeared. Only to find that they are in fact there, after reuploading all of them. -_-"

Attachments:
File comment: Pulse Pistol, Pulse Rifle & Fusion Blaster, mags fully functional as well as two handed coverage for 360°.
Offsets.rar [19.19 KiB]
Downloaded 578 times
Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:33 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 180 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next