View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 9:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 The HM[WIP] Tau Mod (WH40K) - [Alpha Released: 01/05/09] 

Post Re: The HMWIP Tau Mod (WH40K)
411570N3 wrote:
A. They wouldn't be able to sell it without Data's approval.
B. Who's going to be the owner?
C. Miles can decide the copyright, but I would prefer if it allowed people to share it with other people and modify it.
Anyway, I might release what I have now, without the fusion blaster and without the filesize optimsiations (i.e. bunch of random unused crap) because the horizon of work is not in sight. T_T
EDIT: Alpha, fusion blaster not done yet. Unneccessary files not removed yet. All round unfinished. Will continue work on Saturday, this is only to get you all to regain fath in the fact that I catually did stuff. When I'm done with that I'll put it on the OP, but not yet.
EDIT 2: I think we should do Creative Commons except without the Derivative Works clause. Honestly, if someone releases a different version with genuine improvements then I'll probably end up butchering and using their code.
EDIT 3: That considered, this is probably the license we should use, anyone with complaints can complain, I'm open to suggestions.

I agree with that license.

I feel that all who have contributed works within this thread now, and in the future, be the owners of this work. IE we all own it (within this thread, who have worked on anything). that, or just Grenade and 411570N3 because thev'e done the most work. of criticized and threw in 2 things that needed massive amounts of tweaking.

---EDIT

IMPORTANT!

All of your sounds are Hidiously LOUD I'm adjusting the Db levels of them all (ONLY the DB levels) and will re-submit it after there finished.

Fri May 01, 2009 12:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW

New post for content. Here's all the sounds again
Just the sounds, no code, to lazy to replace.

Some sounds are compressed, normalized, and at -3Db (as opposed to the +0 which is max)
Some sounds are adjusted to -6 DB
Some are -8 DB

The Pulse pistol I think is at -10Db, which is 50% of the max

I did this all because I tried shooting and it was so loud that the game music, and all the other sounds, got drowned out by our sounds.

411570N3, Please take a moment when you get the chance, to take your .ogg's and replace the appropriate ones with these .wav's... They are the same sounds, all have been re-balanced for volume, and have not been altered, others have been altered in ways that aren't noticeable by the human ear, to avoid damage to speakers if certain other frequencies are played (yay sound engendering tools and barebones knowledge, thank you wikipedia)

anway, this .rar just contains a pile of .waves labled as

object name (modification) filename.wav
1 or 2 are

Object name modification filename.wav (no '()'s) due to me forgetting them. Please re-name them, I don't know if we can use "()" in file names in CC, i've never checked.

Attachments:
File comment: Sounds
Tau Sounds Balanced.rar [1.85 MiB]
Downloaded 263 times
Fri May 01, 2009 1:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Thanks, will do. I'm still using the sounds that grenade and vagyr put in, I'm planning to use some more Dawn of War sounds, because I'm lazy.
EDIT: Oh hey, sept symbols, I'll just leave these here.

Attachments:
File comment: Oh hey, look what I found.
Symbols.bmp [22.55 KiB]
Downloaded 11 times
Fri May 01, 2009 3:05 pm
Profile WWW

411570N3 wrote:
Thanks, will do. I'm still using the sounds that grenade and vagyr put in, I'm planning to use some more Dawn of War sounds, because I'm lazy.

I'm pretty sure that those are DoW sounds. at least for the pulse weapons and burst cannon anyway.

Fri May 01, 2009 3:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW

411570N3 wrote:

Fri May 01, 2009 4:25 pm
Profile WWW

411570N3 wrote:
411570N3 wrote:

Also if you need any sound from DOW I can get it for you.
Do you know how to extract the sounds?

Fri May 01, 2009 6:30 pm

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
Jut right click on it, there's some kind of obvious command.

Fri May 01, 2009 6:31 pm

Flammablezombie wrote:

Right click on what?
This is how I extract sounds:
Use a program similar to gcfscape, extract weird sound files, convert weird sound files, convert again, convert again.
It's one hell of a job, it has to go through a fda2aifc program, then winamp can open the aifc file and convert it to a .raw file, then a program like Audacity can open it and convert it to a .wav file. :roll:

Fri May 01, 2009 6:58 pm

Flammablezombie wrote:
-_-" He didn't mean from an archive file, he meant from a game.
war_man333 wrote:
Also if you need any sound from DOW I can get it for you.
Do you know how to extract the sounds?
That'd be nice of you, high on the priority list are the Stealthsuit sounds and some more weapon firing sounds. As soon as you contribute the sounds I'll list you on contrubuters.
Welcome to the hive-mind. *evil laugh*

Sat May 02, 2009 5:24 am
Profile WWW

List of people who have contributed content to the Hive mind which has so far been used:

Grenade (Founder, Abandoned)
411570N3 (Primary spriter)
Vagyr (He did something right? did anything he do get kept?)
Miles_T3hR4t (some code, sound balance, QC)
War_Man333 (Ripping sounds from DoW... +?)
NaxX (He did something, i know he did....wasn't it the markerlight?)

If I have forgotten anyone who has made anything that is still in the .rte that was just posted a day or 2 ago, please speak up.

Property holders under Creative Commons for this project, as of Sat May 2nd, 2009

Grenade,411570N3,V????(lazy), Miles_t3hR4t, NaxX, War_man333,GamesWorkshop(IP Usage),THQ(SoundUseage)

Anyone who adds additional content as sprites, code, or sound, which gets used, will be added to the list of creators and CC Property holders. that is all.

Sat May 02, 2009 11:31 am
Profile YIM WWW

By content:
Grenade: Fire warrior, skeleton of pulse rifle, pistol & carbine
Vagyr: Skeleton of most of the other weapons
NaXx: Pretty major spriting, the current XV15 is his I think, but I'm going to re-do it anyway
Miles: Code
Everyone else: possibly stuff, just not in the mod yet.
EDIT: I just remembered that grenade did the burst cannon sprite and skeleton code.
Also, by skeleton I mean stuff that had the basics which I butchered a bit and added my own stuff.

Sat May 02, 2009 11:37 am
Profile WWW

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
war_man333 wrote:
Flammablezombie wrote:

Right click on what?
Use a program similar to gcfscape, extract weird sound files, convert weird sound files, convert again, convert again.
It's one hell of a job, it has to go through a fda2aifc program, then winamp can open the aifc file and convert it to a .raw file, then a program like Audacity can open it and convert it to a .wav file. :roll:

Well, on a mac you can just tell the computer to view package contents. The sounds have to be kept somewhere.

Sat May 02, 2009 11:40 am

Flammablezombie wrote:
war_man333 wrote:
Flammablezombie wrote:

Right click on what?

Well, on a mac you can just tell the computer to view package contents. The sounds have to be kept somewhere.

YEAH. WELL.
damn you and your mac. lol.
I'll fetch you the sounds.
It takes some time as I have to do the sounds individually, but I'll see to it that it's done.

Sat May 02, 2009 11:53 am

-_-"
Flammablezombie is being naive.
The sounds are kept in large .sga files, each containing a huge amount of sounds each.
Once you get the correct program to convert them into individual .fda files you then need to use another program to convert them to yet another file format before you can finally convert them to .wav.

Anyway, here is a guide on how to do it, with appropriate links as well.

EDIT: It's exactly the same on mac, except none of the programs required work on mac...
EDIT 2: So yeah, the sounds have to be kept somewhere in the same way that untriennium has to be kept somewhere. Somewhere extremely accessible but requiring large amounts of effort to get.

Sat May 02, 2009 12:02 pm
Profile WWW

I only got some Damage sounds from the stealth suit when he's being shot, that's about it.
I'd like to know what weapon sounds you need.

CHOOSE YOUR FOLDER(S)! :D

Sat May 02, 2009 12:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next