View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 11:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 The HM[WIP] Tau Mod (WH40K) - [Alpha Released: 01/05/09] 

Post Re: The HMWIP Tau Mod (WH40K)
This is indeed what I am doing, though it's doubtful that you'd be able to fire at point blank on something as small as say... the Marshian scout. About 5 pixels minimum...
Anyway, TDExplosive gibs inherit velocity, which is useful for what I'm doing...

I might actually make the muzzleoffsets closer to the barrel to help, at the moment they're pretty far out...

Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:54 am
Profile WWW

411570N3 wrote:
This is indeed what I am doing, though it's doubtful that you'd be able to fire at point blank on something as small as say... the Marshian scout. About 5 pixels minimum...
Anyway, TDExplosive gibs inherit velocity, which is useful for what I'm doing...

I might actually make the muzzleoffsets closer to the barrel to help, at the moment they're pretty far out...

If you make the TDE and AEmitters unable to hit anything or get hit, then you can put the muzzle offset ANYWHERE, and make it fly through the actor holding the gun, and through the gun itself, so that the particles emit at the end of the barrel, which means it could be going THAT fast! Also apparently, Velocity of the TDE for some reason does not effect the particles being emitted. I haven't been able to figure it out, but for some reason TDE's act weird when used as ammo, they can't have gibs, and attached emitters aren't affected by its velocity, but only as a round, and I can't figure it out.

SO, if the TDE is moving at a velocity of 300, the Muzzle offset would be what, 300 pixels back from the actual muzzle? at that velocity it ensures that unless your actor's velocity is +300 then it shoot wherever your aiming, and because it doesn't emit untill at least 1 'step' has passed (IE the TDE has moved its full distance, i'm not sure what the increment it is, i'm pretty sure its 1 Ms, but I could be wrong) it won't fire, or hit anything, until it gets that far. as long as all the sprites are null, you won't even see that, at which point for the 'muzzle flash' you just make it part of the shells, and have the shell offset as what the muzzle offset looks like it should have been, also because theres a 1 "step"/ms? gap between firing, and the ammo being visible, you could make the shell a lifetime 1 TDE that turns into the muzzleflash, Or when the round explodes IT could be the muzzleflash as well, after all, a TDE can turn into multiple things at once.

At any rate, I haven't really felt motivated to work on anything, all the typing has been giving me headaches, and nothing new has been released to check. I'm still here I just.... I feel like I don't have anything constructive to do at the moment, 411570N3 you seem to be doing all the work, and seem pretty bogged down.

Has anyone else been doing anything?

Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Eh, it appears to work for me, I might be releasing soon...
Too much school work T_T
EDIT: The pulse weapons are now able to fire upon enemies that have at least one part of their body more than three pixels away from the barrel, unfailingly.
I kept the rail weapons muzzleoffsets pretty far away though, as with the ammunition being used you're more likely to kill yourself than your opponenet if you fire at any less than 10 pixels.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:05 am
Profile WWW

Hi guys, I haven't been on the computer in ages let alone the internet or even datarealms (I know, herasy) but I started to help out when grenade was making the mod then I followed for a while then my comp broke but I'm back and I see you need an actor spriter? I'll practice a bit then see if I can help out

Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:33 pm

Schweet, as soon as you turn out anything I'll list you on the contributers list...
Anyway, working on the mod today, I'll try to release today or soon after.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:13 am
Profile WWW

anyone know of anything good to start spriting? I've done a couple of things but nothing CC yet. If some one can supply a template or something I'll be grateful and I'll start churning some stuff out

Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:20 am

Well really just check the lists for something you might want to do, make it look alright and worry about scale later - it's easier to make a sprite smaller than to make it bigger. If you really want something to scale off of then just take a look at the coalition heavy. Yeah, the coalition heavy is a good thing to look at...

Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

I decided to take a jab at a rail rifle that was more in CC scale, dunno if you guys can use it.

edit: I have also tried to make a more CC scale carbine

Attachments:
RailRifle.bmp [1.9 KiB]
Downloaded 24 times
Pulse Carbine.bmp [1.44 KiB]
Downloaded 17 times

Last edited by p3lb0x on Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:41 pm

I could help sprite with you guys, if you'd like that.

Examples of some of my work: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14210&start=15

Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:09 pm

p3lb0x wrote:
I decided to take a jab at a rail rifle that was more in CC scale, dunno if you guys can use it.

I do sort of like the carbine, but i can't tell if it fits with the rest of the mod, and the handle doesn't look right. I'll have to wait till 411570N3 posts his update so I can compare. The rail rifle however is tinny.

Jcgrey2 wrote:

you don't really have to show us anything you've already made, you can always just start working, we definitely need actor sprites though.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Forum Moderator

Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
p3lb0x wrote:

I do sort of like the carbine, but i can't tell if it fits with the rest of the mod, and the handle doesn't look right. I'll have to wait till 411570N3 posts his update so I can compare. The rail rifle however is tinny.

Jcgrey2 wrote:

you don't really have to show us anything you've already made, you can always just start working, we definitely need actor sprites though.

Yeah, I kinda figured after looking at the models (miniatures). I scaled it after the AK, but the carbine was scaled more according to the models. That is being about as big as an actors chest

edit: Also if you were wondering. This thing is the grip

I couldn't quite figure out how the grip should be since in all the pics I looked at it was very unclear how the grip should be

Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:54 pm

p3lb0x wrote:
Miles_T3hR4t wrote:
p3lb0x wrote:

Jcgrey2 wrote:

Yeah, I kinda figured after looking at the models (miniatures). I scaled it after the AK, but the carbine was scaled more according to the models. That is being about as big as an actors chest

edit: Also if you were wondering. This thing is the grip

I couldn't quite figure out how the grip should be since in all the pics I looked at it was very unclear how the grip should be

Don't get me wrong, I do like that sprite, unfortunately its the colors and detail that I'm not sure if it matches. Once 411570n3 updates, we can compare it to the pulse rifle/carbine he made.

In the mean time, go backwards a page or 2, and you'll see that I posted a scanned page from Imperial Armour, which has a Firewarrior, holding a Pulse Carbine (With Markerlight, Grenade launcher, and thermic scope all attached)

The only other thing I see is that thats one of those goofy looking curvy organic-shaped handles. I hate those, I hate them with a passion, but you made it look okay-ish. (personal bias, sorry) for now, make some other stuff, and once 411570N3 posts the update we can compare things Until then we only have what's been re-upped since the wipe/reset, which means I don't have 411570N3's sprites, hence all the waiting.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Forum Moderator

Here's a small edit, I hope it fixes some of the problems (like the wrong grip)

Edit: Also I know most Tau weapons are pretty square in appearance (which my sprite isn't). But IMHO it looks weird if it has a lot of sharp edges

Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:57 pm

411570N3 wrote:
Well really just check the lists for something you might want to do, make it look alright and worry about scale later - it's easier to make a sprite smaller than to make it bigger. If you really want something to scale off of then just take a look at the coalition heavy. Yeah, the coalition heavy is a good thing to look at...

hmm in that case I'll start with the fire warrior, I'll just do a one then if you guys like it I'll do all the other bits to make a proper actor

Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:35 pm

p3lb0x wrote:

Here's a small edit, I hope it fixes some of the problems (like the wrong grip)

Edit: Also I know most Tau weapons are pretty square in appearance (which my sprite isn't). But IMHO it looks weird if it has a lot of sharp edges

I didn't say it was wrong, I just find that style of curvy 'organic shaped' gun to be ugly, it is a personal bias, and because of that I can not judge that aspect of the sprite. I do sort of like the shape/size? of the shooty end though, although i'm fairly certain it is not accurate, I honestly need to compare it to our existing sprites, please, work on something that is no the carbine for now, more content, rather than simply remakes of remakes.

Metal_militia wrote:
411570N3 wrote:

hmm in that case I'll start with the fire warrior, I'll just do a one then if you guys like it I'll do all the other bits to make a proper actor

once you finish the helmet please post it.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next