View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 10:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Yet another mod theory 

Post Yet another mod theory
My theory is that we are coming to the end of a golden age of mods; almost nothing is original anymore, and if it is, it is ludicrous. In every mod weak points are emphasised and repeated over and over again; This causes less downloads for previously postential downloaders; and the modders popualrity goes down the drain. This eventually causes modders to feel wholly unmotivated, and as a result if the modder decides to make another mod, it is probably of a lower quality. The cycle continues until the modder is flamed to death and decides to leave the forum forever.

Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:08 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Yet another mod theory
Golden age of mods died looonnng ago.

Also, good mods take much more time to develop than mediocre ones.

Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:12 pm
Profile WWW

Not neccessarily. Many of my older mods were not actually very good but were still relatively popular. Take my pillowbomb for example.

If any of the mods I made before would be released now, I would be flamed to a crisp.

Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:16 pm
Profile WWW

billi999 wrote:
My theory is that we are coming to the end of a golden age of mods; almost nothing is original anymore, and if it is, it is ludicrous. In every mod weak points are emphasised and repeated over and over again; This causes less downloads for previously postential downloaders; and the modders popualrity goes down the drain. This eventually causes modders to feel wholly unmotivated, and as a result if the modder decides to make another mod, it is probably of a lower quality. The cycle continues until the modder is flamed to death and decides to leave the forum forever.

Well, I give up then. I'm just going to quit modding. As a matter of fact, why don't we stop creating anything? No more writing books, making movies, or developing video games. Really, whats the point of living? I'm going to lie on my bed until I die of dehydration.

Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:27 pm
Profile YIM

If a modders first mod is bad enough to be flamed, it means its motivation wasn't very high in the first place. I think thor's way of having a team to judge weather a mod is good or not worked better than the way we're using right now.

Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:42 pm

Darlos9D wrote:
Well, I give up then. I'm just going to quit modding. As a matter of fact, why don't we stop creating anything? No more writing books, making movies, or developing video games. Really, whats the point of living? I'm going to lie on my bed until I die of dehydration.

XD you are kidding aren't you?

Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:56 pm
Profile WWW
Banned

Darlos9D wrote:
I love you. Thank you for seeing through the crybabies' tears.

Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:10 pm
Profile YIM

I have about 15 ideas for amazing mods that everyone would download and love me for. Unfortunatly, they all either require Data to fix a single bug, or I'm way too lazy to make the sprites.

Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]