View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:11 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 The future of this community 

Post The future of this community
Will the community ever get any better? I'm not saying it's bad right now, but it's probably so that there are people out there who could pick up this game and make crobo or AAL caliber mods from the get go. Who thinks the game will eventually pick up? or who thinks this is probably gonna be the way it is for a long long time, or forever?

Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:38 pm

Post Re: The future of this community
Well, new members are joining everyday.
And those members leave here forever cause of massive flaming.
Unless shook converts all the toribash people into CC people.

Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:13 pm

For all our sakes, I hope it does.
This game has so much potential to grow to something unbelievably huge, like the first Worms game did. (Well, the sequel was an improvement anyway. Beyond that it went down the hill imho.) Seeing a Cortex Command 2 using directx 9 is a wet dream for me.

But in order to have it grow the community definitely needs to improve. People need to be more inviting towards new people. Gawd knows how many epic modders-to-be and, more importantly, potential buyers/supporters visit this forum each day, reading comments and decide that this place/game isn't worth their time. :???:

Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:41 pm

People buy the game if they like it, regardless of the community. But people could also be nicer to new members.

Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:04 pm
Profile WWW

This is pretty much it.
Outcomes of what might happen

If a multitude of capnbubs/numgun leveled newcomers comes here, this community will thrive.

If a multitude of wise worded newcomers come, then this community will be even better than before and will convert the n00bs.

If a multitude of n00bs come, then we're screwed.

If all the really awesome spriters/coders leave, leaving everyone else behind, then CC will die and Data loses profit.

So, basically, the kind of community we are decides how Data might live his life, seeing that he quit N.A.S.A .

Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:06 pm

Roy-G-Biv wrote:
This is pretty much it.

This has already happened.

Quote:
If all the really awesome spriters/coders leave, leaving everyone else behind, then CC will die and Data loses profit.

CC will not die because of the community, the people will just think "Oh, this community is a bunch of bastards. The games good though *download* ".

Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:23 pm
Profile WWW

I love it when these kind of things happen. Someone notes a tiny problem and expands it.

Speaking of which thank you to whoever locked my mod quality topic, that was just mindless bitching.

Anyway- I see no problem with the community. If the forum suddenly dissapears, so what? If the forum stays and everyone mods, then we'll have mods.

The game is fun without mods, so with or without the community the game is fine. The community itself however-

Several times, people have randomly worried about the community, then nothing happened. Nothing has happened or will happen.

If anything it's when we AREN'T worrying about the community that someone ♥♥♥♥ something up.

Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:48 pm

Krumbs wrote:
Roy-G-Biv wrote:
This is pretty much it.

This has already happened.

Well, they learned already.
What about new n00bs?
N00bs to the extreme?!

Krumbs wrote:
Quote:

CC will not die because of the community, the people will just think "Oh, this community is a bunch of bastards. The games good though *download* ".

There's a problem with ignoring the community.
If you have a problem in the future about CC, there's no other place to go.
Plus, they'll miss the mods.

Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:57 pm
REAL AMERICAN HERO

N00bs to the extreme? Meaning people like YOU?

Jesus christ, you've posted almost eight hundred times since april eighth.

That's OVER ten posts per day. Even venn never posted that much.

This community is about as good as it's going to get if administration does not step up.

For christ's sake, I have been flaming people constantly and consistently for over a year. I have been banned once, after BEING ASKED by Electroclan. Despite claiming it was for a week, he revoked it within two days. The forum doesn't like people being flamers, yet you're all in love with me, or at least you're fine enough with me to let me keep doing this. Data listens to massive public bitching. It's gotten people removed before, though never permanently. I'd be happy to be banned, if you really think that the problem with this community is trolls and flamers.

However, it's not. More of the problem in this community is caused by the people who don't read stickies, who don't pay attention, who post their first mod, than is caused by the "flamers". Good god, the last time I saw someone post their first mod, at least ten people stepped up to the plate and flamed them. Ten "normal" people. Why is this? For one, because the moderators are frankly retarded. At least, the three of them that actually do anything. We have no less than five permanently inactive moderators. Who remain in power.

If people flame on this forum, and if the community were sincere about stopping flamers, WHY AM I ALLOWED TO EXIST? For way, way, way, WAY too long I've been a huge troll here. Yelling at n00bs, calling mods ♥♥♥♥, and calling people retarded.

If you want to fix what is wrong with this forum, quit bitching about it and do something. When a newbie posts a first mod, say something to them NICELY about how you shouldn't do that. When a n00b starts being dumb, correct them. If they don't change their ways, REPORT THE POSTS. Don't start flaming them; it never gets anything accomplished (I've been flaming Roy-G-Biv constantly for months and he's still here). Correct them nicely and they're a lot more likely to correct their own actions. And if they don't, then they're just being stupid, and shouldn't be on the forums at all.

I will honestly attempt to spearhead the new effort. From this point forward, I will not insult anyone, I will not flame anyone, I will not yell at ANYONE. If I can do it, god knows you people can.

Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:50 pm

There's nothing wrong with the community. If you think that there's something wrong with the community, then 9/10 cases, it's you. All these people who are whining about people being mean and flaming, are, infact, contributing to the problem.

If everyone just starts being nice right now, there won't be any more problems.

It's perfect logic!

Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:01 pm

Did i say there was something wrong with it?

Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:20 pm

NeoSeeker wrote:
Did i say there was something wrong with it?

I wasn't responding to you. If you put "The future of this community" as the title of a topic, no matter what you say in your post, the discussion is going to change.

Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:31 pm

first of all: nobody starts as a good modder.
second of all: noobs dont exist on this forum, only newbs.
and third: ive got a idea to keep the flaming away and get more people to be better modders; make a new part of the forum for first mods/maps/"noob" questions/introductions/beginner mod help/ etc. , and any member (who is longer on this forum than a sertain amount of time) who flames in there, will get banned of that part of the forum for a week or so.
so that the new people of the forum will have a chance to learn how things work here.
becouse really, being nice... as i see you people... is not going to happen.

Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:19 pm

Krumbs wrote:
People buy the game if they like it, regardless of the community. But people could also be nicer to new members.

Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:37 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 14 posts ]