View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 4:55 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Piracy. 

Post Piracy.
I saw a thread on a warez bulletin board (hint, hint) that I frequent, with a cracked CC b23 that had this description:

Quote:
Info

Year: 2009
Genre: Arcade (Platform)
Platform: PC
Developer: Data Realms
Publisher: Data Realms

Tabletka: Not required
Information for recovery: 5%
Language: English
Size: 41 MB

Description:
In the near future are not only able to leave their home planet, but also got rid of their physical bodies. Now they travel in space in the form of brains, artificially maintained in working condition. Trite, but the brain also needs the resources that have to produce to distant planets.
Cortex Command - this is one of those games where the story and meaning are not important. Much more important is the process itself. Cortex Command is a combination of strategy and arcade platformera. The unusual combination. In the beginning, the player builds a base or bunker (which is stored in a bank with brains) and arranges around a bunker of soldiers, robots, mines, lay their arms and prepare landing. The enemy does the same. Then begins the battle, which aims to get to the enemy bunker and uichtozhit his brain.
But the most interesting feature is the game «Pixel Physics». It is well known for games such as «Tank Wars», «Scorched Earth», «Worms». But the technology has reached a new level. First, there were material. Each object has a different density and is composed of many parts. The game can be «deal» with the help of good arsenal, built in the proposed store. The second significantly improved dynamics. Boat landing is very realistic to cut into the ground or burn everything in its path of jet stream. Big gun to strafe the enemy soldiers pixels so that only helmets fly off. In general, quite fun.

Features:
- Completely destroyed Wednesday.
- Build your own bunker.
- Co-op with four players and / or against.

System requirements:
Windows 2000/XP/Vista
1 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
256 MB of RAM
DirectX 8.0

Note where it says "Completely destroyed Wednesday." From the looks of things, the damn Reds are stealing Data's money.

And they're ♥♥♥♥ happy about it, too. I posted this:

me wrote:
You're an ♥♥♥hole. I'm all for warez when it targets big companies, but DRL is literally one man operating out of his basement and working his ass off to give us a good game, not to mention charging a damn good price for the result.

If you're not going to support it, you don't deserve to play it. End of story.

I got the following replies:

amandachen wrote:
Thanks, xman. Ah, lovely warez!

.NoFxWar wrote:
just shut up ♥♥♥hole, we or atleast i dont give to ♥♥♥♥ about developers hell i have 60+ pirated xbox360 games that i play on xbox live too...i pirate everything..movies music games..get over it ..oh poor them

Would DRL get in trouble if I posted the link? This is ♥♥♥♥ you have to see for yourself.

Sun May 31, 2009 5:43 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Post Re: Piracy.
Don't post it, but email it to Data and James.

Sun May 31, 2009 5:53 am

wait, you frequent that place?

this is a bit off-topic but how can you justify theft from one company any more than you can justify it from another?

unless of course you just browse it for kicks :)

Sun May 31, 2009 7:20 am

RaggedDruid, to the cracker, wrote:
You're an ♥♥♥hole. I'm all for warez when it targets big companies, but DRL is literally one man operating out of his basement and working his ass off to give us a good game, not to mention charging a damn good price for the result.

Sun May 31, 2009 7:22 am
Profile WWW

that doesn't answer my question at all.

Sun May 31, 2009 7:25 am

cambiogris wrote:
this is a bit off-topic but how can you justify theft from one company any more than you can justify it from another?
RaggedDruid, to the cracker, wrote:

Sun May 31, 2009 7:39 am
Profile WWW

cambiogris wrote:
wait, you frequent that place?

unless of course you just browse it for kicks :)

Theft from a large company (i.e. EA, Activision Blizzard, Vivendi) hurts the company less; a loss of $20 to them is nothing, and a lot of people have to pirate a game for it to really matter to the people working there.

Theft from someone like Data, however, hurts him quite a lot. He actually sees every cent you pay him, and if you buy your copy of CC instead of pirating it that's $20 or $40 more going directly to him. Maybe a bit goes to scancode or Wizard James too.

(I was a little off on how I described DRL, but for the purposes of my argument it works.)

Sun May 31, 2009 7:39 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

So people at EA do not qualify as people.

It's okay to murder so long as you do it on a large scale; but if you carry out an assassination on a single individual that's ♥♥♥♥ up.

Sun May 31, 2009 7:41 am

Grif wrote:
So people at EA do not qualify as people.

It's okay to murder so long as you do it on a large scale; but if you carry out an assassination on a single individual that's ♥♥♥♥ up.

What?

To a large company, the loss of one sale is a pittance, as they're likely selling millions of copies of that game anyways, and the people there are probably not even going to notice the loss. However, DRL sells on a much smaller scale, so one sale means a lot more. Does that explain my argument better?

A better analogy would be that it's okay to tap a few thousand people on the shoulder, but it's ♥♥♥♥ up to kneecap one person.

Sun May 31, 2009 7:44 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Except! Here's the thing: what you're doing is still theft, and the amount is still the same. Just because the company "doesn't feel it" doesn't mean that it's not illegal or immoral. What exactly is the threshold between "okay to pirate" and "not okay to pirate"? A million dollars a year? That's hardly an outrageous figure for a decent sized company.

Also, if several hundred thousand people decide that EA isn't worth paying for (since it's only sixty dollars, who's going to miss it?) the company is going to suddenly lose out on potentially millions in income. And if you don't think piracy happens on such a massive scale, you're either quite dumb or quite blind.

Sun May 31, 2009 7:55 am

There is some vaild morally piracy.
Like cracking to remove retarded DRM(EA).

Oh, and you also have to look at how the money effects people.

Inde payments go strait to the developer.

Large company payments go though serveral executives, the stockholders and some other people, and possibly reaching a dev.

Same with music, try to guess how much money of those 99 cents goes to the artist.

Sun May 31, 2009 8:22 am

Grif wrote:
Except! Here's the thing: what you're doing is still theft, and the amount is still the same. Just because the company "doesn't feel it" doesn't mean that it's not illegal or immoral. What exactly is the threshold between "okay to pirate" and "not okay to pirate"? A million dollars a year? That's hardly an outrageous figure for a decent sized company.

Also, if several hundred thousand people decide that EA isn't worth paying for (since it's only sixty dollars, who's going to miss it?) the company is going to suddenly lose out on potentially millions in income. And if you don't think piracy happens on such a massive scale, you're either quite dumb or quite blind.

exactly. and because of people that think like you (OP) do, most games nowadays have a piracy rate around 90%

what was supposed to be killing the PC gaming industry again?

mail2345 wrote:
There is some vaild morally piracy.
Like cracking to remove retarded DRM(EA).

no it's not

don't like their DRM? don't steal it, don't buy it.

end of story.

you can't throw a digital temper tantrum just because some companies don't play by your rules

especially when their rules are perfectly lenient and people blow them far out of proportion; CC's licensing is far more restrictive than anything EA has ever done, does that make it more okay to steal from datarealms?

mail2345 wrote:
Large company payments go though serveral executives, the stockholders and some other people, and possibly reaching a dev.

Same with music, try to guess how much money of those 99 cents goes to the artist.

yeah okay only artists deserve to get paid for their efforts

executives don't have to manage huge multi-billion-dollar corporations or anything

not like it would matter if they did, ♥♥♥♥ is so ♥♥♥♥ easy it's p ridic

never mind the average-wage people like those who master audio or do advertising for a game

Sun May 31, 2009 8:35 am

Theft is theft no matter how large the company is.
When you pirate a game everyone in the company loses money.
It is the exact same amount of money regardless of how many people are in it, but in a larger company the loss of money effects more people.

Instead of stealing from one person you have suddenly stolen from four hundred.
This is definitely not ok.

You know what you are doing is wrong and you are just trying to make up excuses so that you can justify it to yourself.
If you're going to do something illegal and keep people from getting the money that they earned by doing their job (usually taking several years for one game) at least have the decency to feel guilty about it.

Sun May 31, 2009 8:54 am

i hate piracy ♥♥♥holes like these guys,its stealing and stealing is bad for all of us.Btw most cracked games are just crap that every 2 minutes gives an error.

Sun May 31, 2009 9:03 am

Ah finally. Been waiting from someone to post that since I really hate the register/unregister crap which keeps me worrying when the whole thing screws up suddenly and I've used my self-reset right. Then I'm stuck with the demo limit crap.

When you have bought a key, using a crack is alright imo.

Sun May 31, 2009 9:11 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next