View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:36 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Introducing the Spanish Weasel 

Post Introducing the Spanish Weasel
Hey everyone! Weasello here. I'm sure I don't have to say that because it says right over there next to my post.

I'm new to this iteration of the forum, but I was around a-way-back-when, when the forums were naught but reams of spam. I am Andy Moore, and I usually go by the moniker "weasel," (already taken! :x ) and I am a just a chill guy. A chill guy that now finds himself with a banhammer in one hand and a pretty cool community in the other.

[insert ominous music here]

I do Community Design and Management for a living, and I'll say that right up front. I run the forums for a few other games and have a long history of working together with people to "synergise" our "collective" and to "leverage our core values." :roll:

Data asked me to step in here, survey the land, and see what I could do with it. I don't want anyone to think that I'm some big new moderator, or I'm a new authority figure to rebel against - I am a fan, just like you guys, and I was even active in modding years ago. I really want to see this game complete, and I really want there to be a solid, friendly community to back it up when that happens.

I'm currently attending GDC (Game Developer's Conference) in Austin, TX (with Data) but I'll make myself a bit more known in the following weeks. :)

Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:01 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Post Re: Introducing the Spanish Weasel
Howdy, here's hoping you're a better more active administrator than any on the current roster.

Also, anything they tell you about me is a lie.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:10 am

Grif wrote:
Howdy, here's hoping you're a better more active administrator than any on the current roster.

A lot of Indie Game Devs are simply so busy trying to get their game done, it's hard to put up a community site at all - never mind maintain it! I'll do my best to help correct that though and act as the red telephone that goes right to the commissioner. :)

(how do you spell commissioner?)

PS: I'm not spanish

Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:15 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Neat. Good luck to you, mate.

Edit: What's your colour gonna be?

Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:21 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

weasello wrote:
A lot of Indie Game Devs are simply so busy trying to get their game done, it's hard to put up a community site at all - never mind maintain it! I'll do my best to help correct that though and act as the red telephone that goes right to the commissioner. :)

You're disarmingly charming. You will be watched carefully. Also, I didn't really mean to refer to Data with that, more WJ, Alenth, and TLB, who seem to not do anything, despite strong evidence to the contrary.

Anyways, you're good in my book, and I'm easily the most important person in the community (including Data wait what) so the rest of the forum oughta just fall in line neatly.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:27 am

Grif wrote:
You're disarmingly charming.

Hawesome.

I dunno if I wanna trust anyone with less than 4K posts though. Seriously, newb much?

Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:36 am
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

I'm liking this new mod already :P

Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:57 am

he almost worries me.
however, new admins who get ♥♥♥♥ done (when not asked explicitly) are welcome. might want some capitals on that username though.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:12 am
Profile WWW

huh...
you are oddly likable...

Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:37 am

"BUENOS DIAS MI CALIENTE FRIJOLES!"

...erm. Dunno where that one came from.
Anyway, here's to hoping you'd pass the human test known as ProjektThor around here. Cheers!

P.S. oh yeah, it is very good to lurk and watch for a while, see from the sea of posts the who's who here. Might be good if you made some notes on the relationships between some of these guys, and their inherent qualities... ah who am I kidding, just be that Big Brother in the night sky.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW

oh I wondered if Data had a seizure or something when he logged into the forum yesterday but he was just giving you admin rights thank god

Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:18 pm
happy carebear mom

weasello wrote:
I'm some big new moderator

Meep :0

Pleased to meet you sir weasello. I shall find interesting how you feel your way into our cozy dynamic here.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:48 pm

Welcome. Enjoy your stay. Have fun. Generic greeting. Generic wish of good luck.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:24 pm

Grif wrote:
...and I'm easily the most important person in the community...

Or at least you can dream.

Anyway, good luck, weasello. I am afraid you'll need it.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:37 pm
A HUMAN BRAIN, SAFELY INSULATED FROM THE TERRORS OF HYPERSPACE

Location: Somewhere beyond the endless sea of hyperspace, fighting for your right to call a planet home.
I disappear for a few days and come back and we have a new admin? What is the world coming to?

Just kidding. You seem likable enough, but Grif is right, the community is very particular on staff around here, you will probably be watched VERY carefully, but I'm being rude.

Welcome (Back) to DRL. Hope you can make it a better place.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:24 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 240 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next