View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:55 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Vhozon: Alien Warriors 

Post Re: Vhozon: Alien Warriors
Dl'd to test.
Also, you should update your other faction.

Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:28 pm

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
Eh, in terms of visual appeal it just doesn't do it for me.
Plus the whole hijacking of someone else's faction's plot is a little lazy.

Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:57 pm

i highly doubt that an alien race could survive on Jupiter due to its enormous size. Jupiter is 318 times the mass of Earth. The main bulk of the planets form is liquid metallic hydrogen. That combined with the winds that rotate in opposite direction are going 400mpg+. Then there is the great red spot, its about 12,000 by 25,000 km, about big enough to hold 2 earths. Please, revise your story(and take out the Kloveskans) to something more phesable...

In turns of the mod:

1. the sprites are bland(all but the shield)
2. the scythe is ridiculously long
3. i sense a small trace of metriod in the name

Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:51 am

tosty wrote:
3. i sense a small trace of metriod in the name

I'm glad I'm not the only person that noticed this.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:42 pm
Profile YIM

tosty wrote:
*rant about Jupiter*

Asides all of that, it's shockingly cold for huge periods of time because of its larger revolutionary path around the sun and the fact that, being so huge, it takes a long time to rotate and you'd spend a few days waiting for a glimpse of the sun. Oh yes, it's also made out of gas; see a problem there?

Mod: The weapons are pretty fair and balanced, but the flamethrower and scythe are a bit ridiculous in terms of power. Sprites are also a bit bland, with exception of the shield.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:33 pm

The actor sprites look ok. The weapon sprites...not so much. I'll test and see what i think oh them.

Tested: Well, these guys are surprisingly good. They are very balanced and the weapons work well too. The scythe thing should be shortened, its ridiculous. Umm, the weapons are good but i was expecting more stopping power from the AR. The sprites could use some work and if they were reworked and refined a little they could be really great.
Good job in all.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:31 pm

Cricket, you are kinda getting on my nerves.
Please put all 100 of your mods into one pack like Shook did and post that.
Every other mod is yours, so please put into one pack.
Not saying that the mods aren't good or anything but it's annoying that 10 of the 30 mods on the first page are teenie tiny ones by you.
So please fix that :)

Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:12 pm

Look its a video game can we cut him some slack? Not everything has to be realistic. I highly doubt that Master Chief could do all the things he does and most people don't complain that he destroyed an ENTIRE race. Jupiter ok a lil far fetched, but I also believe middle earth was saved by two Hobbits.

On the mod. It's not the prettiest but I like the fact that we have two warring factions that have activities.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:44 pm

I like this mod. It's spriting style goes along with the Kloveskans if you're playing as them, and it's not overpowered. (That and it goes with the story).

8.6/10

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:47 pm

PotatoDaddy wrote:
Look its a video game can we cut him some slack? Not everything has to be realistic. I highly doubt that Master Chief could do all the things he does and most people don't complain that he destroyed an ENTIRE race. Jupiter ok a lil far fetched, but I also believe middle earth was saved by two Hobbits.

On the mod. It's not the prettiest but I like the fact that we have two warring factions that have activities.

The Chief was a Spartan, engineered to be able to have super strength, reflexes sight and so on...not too mention he wore a suit of powered armor.

Lord Of the Rings is fantasy...so realism can't be applied firmly there, only logic.

Jupiter is tremendously far-fetched, though the author can simply change it to a moon of Jupiter too make it sound at least a little more sensible.

Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:18 pm

Isn't Jupiter a gas giant?

Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:03 am

Jack The Llama Commando wrote:
Isn't Jupiter a gas giant?

Yes, and it's mostly made up of helium and hydrogen.
So I would assume shooting a flamethrower in it would make it explode in real life.
Very unreal.

Also, the Mind, seriously, stop ranting Cricket for releasing many mods, he's a good coder, and came up with original Ideas, which he probabily releases so that people can improve on his coding and make it better.

Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:30 am

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
Roy-G-Biv wrote:
Also, the Mind, seriously, stop ranting Cricket for releasing many mods, he's a good coder, and came up with original Ideas, which he probabily releases so that people can improve on his coding and make it better.

You misspelled probably, and you do not capitalize random words within a sentence. Do you understand that? It is so damned irritating that I now disagree on principle with most of what you said.
Quite frankly, The Mind has a point- there's no reason to create so many threads when simply editing the first post of the first one will do. Did numgun create a different thread for the AAL Marines, the bomb pack, the MPAM, and the Enforcer blocks? Did Shook make a dozen different threads with everything separate? No.
It's unnecessary. I am not claiming that the mods are without any merit; however, I will claim that the manner of their posting is messy.

Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:15 am

CaveCricket48 wrote:
They are not as powerfull as they used to be, but are still a mighty threat (sorta).

A man after my own heart.

Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:24 am

The Fat Sand Rat wrote:
Roy-G-Biv wrote:

You misspelled probably, and you do not capitalize random words within a sentence. Do you understand that? It is so damned irritating that I now disagree on principle with most of what you said.
Quite frankly, The Mind has a point- there's no reason to create so many threads when simply editing the first post of the first one will do. Did numgun create a different thread for the AAL Marines, the bomb pack, the MPAM, and the Enforcer blocks? Did Shook make a dozen different threads with everything separate? No.
It's unnecessary. I am not claiming that the mods are without any merit; however, I will claim that the manner of their posting is messy.

MY OCD DEMANDS YOU CREATE ONE ♥♥♥♥ THREAD FOR ALL YOUR MODS!!!

Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:50 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next