View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Tek Troopers - Updated 9/29/2012 - CC 1.0 

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
Post Re: Tek Troopers - Final - B22
It doesn't work for mac. It just goes black screen whenever you try to play a match. This mod SUCKS. I'm so glad I didn't empty the trash before playing, now I can salvage the version that is actually GOOD.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:26 pm

: |

And you call this a final release?

There are ♥♥♥♥ million bugs in this mod.
And besides that part, this mod is no where near being final if this is supposed to be a serious and balanced faction. Wonky offsets, none or bugged descriptions, ridiculous weapons that are totally imbalanced for normal play.

Lot of stuff is useless too. There are 4 ♥♥♥♥ droppods(ABC + Drill), and each of them function in the same way, except with different sprites and a few funny values like giblimits. Then the prices, those are just lol. You can completely forget those Tek auto, pistols and Tek semiauto(not even semi-auto btw) since they are useless and totally crap compared to the more powerful guns that cost the same.

Then my game suddenly got more crash prone after installing TT. CC crashed 3 times suddenly during a normal Death mode game on that mega base map that came with the pack.

I cant say else, but this mod really does suck. Quality of stuff in it has been completely overlooked. :-(

Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:48 pm

and i had the belief than the AAL was unbalanced(compaired to the normal cc actors)...
make the weapons more balanced.
make the weapons to fit difrent roles(like 1 weapon for dropship 1 weapon for long range 1 for short range)...
and lower the damage of the weapons...

Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:19 pm

Yeah, I'm getting a shitload of crashes playing with any of the Tek actors.
The weapons are hideously unbalanced, and although you've got some cool ideas, it all kinda falls down when you can buy a cannon for 50 gold that'll obliterate anything with one shot.
The flamethrower's actually disappointing. It just doesn't look or feel like fire.
Numgun's a ♥♥♥♥, but he's right.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:45 pm

I don't mind the unbalanced aspect as much as I don't like the fact that there seems to be just too much stuff. Take out some of the guns and crafts that are similar to other ones. The 4 drop pods is a good example. I would keep the drill one and scrap the others. Or at least scrap 2 of the others.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:36 pm

Yeah, I'm a harsh walrus, but thats just how I see it.

However, this mod isnt complete crap. It has effort in it although its buggy in many ways, its still a fun "mess-around-and-blow-stuff-up" mod. Its got big, powerful guns and nukes to mess with. It works nicely as a one-man-army mod.

A "little" re-organization and fixing the bugs and actually focusing on the quality and playability will make it a good faction to play with/against and not just a pack with this and that.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:47 pm

Looks good. Definatly downloaded. New sprites all around are a great addition.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:52 pm

I think people are overreacting a bit with the criticism, so long as whitty is willing to actually fix some of this stuff (like the BFL's muzzleoffset being about ten pixels higher than the barrel). :P While it's gotten more unbalanced rather than less, several guns rape the terrain to a ridiculous degree, and there's a good deal of repeats (which I wouldn't have seen the point in making but I don't see a point in taking them out either; possibly just make them more unique to eachother)... where was I? Oh yeah, there's some very nice stuff in here. I like the size of the MK2 Mech, nice to see some intermediary between normal sized actors and double sized actors, and while most (but strangely not all) of the guns are overpowered, they're mostly well made and well sprited.

Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:46 pm

Black screen error in mac build. I fixed it by commenting out the entire heavy trooper but nothing from the pack is showing up ingame except for the dark soldier and light soldier.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:07 am

the clones and the weapons and the crafts are veeery nice...
now the power of the weapons is the real problem for me...

Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:37 pm

Still loving it.

-At first I was a little leery of the resprited Mark 2, thinking you had maybe decided to edit some of its values as well, but I was not disappointed.
-Aside from the pilot light, I'm not quite sure why you describe the flame thrower as the most realistic to date, disregarding that for the moment though, I did love the range.
-In other news, ƒuck yeah BFL! Finally a laser with the ammunition, power, range and destruction effect to be perfect in all scenarios!
-What happened to the Gold Machine? I was not able to access it in campaign mode.
-Liked the Ripper, that's some serious destruction. If it's RPM rate and magazine size was adjusted it would be quite a useful digging machine.
-The Orbital Drill is absolutely fantastic. Need a quick resupply? Call an orbital drill. Need a temporary barricade? Call an orbital drill. Need to impale someone or something swiftly through the head and body? Call and orbital drill.
-Tech digger still doesn't collect gold, but hey, that's not something you'd expect from a super-laser anyway, now is it?
-Food for thought: A sudden-death release just to make those of us who love this mod with all our hearts cry blue, pixelated tears of joy.

19/20 for innovation, massive power, ƒucking fantastic sprites, metal crabs, and robots that would do the Japanese proud.

Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:37 pm

Well one thing that i can say -- thats not the TT i know . It became a laggy + a lot of crap mod . Its huge and a half of it is useless stuff . When i first played TT (it was something like september 2008 if im right ) it was awesome . Now its not . Im sorry .

Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:43 pm

wow, you got your ass flamed hard for this, when quite a lot of work went in. it's a shame that i agree with most of the rage you got from numgun. the best actor in the pack is the awesome huge mech, with its kickass sprites, but all in all these rape a little too hard and are buggy as hell. this just doesnt feel like a final release man..

Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:02 am
Profile WWW

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
I'm not even going to try this one.
Not only because of the above reviews, but because the sprites are boring as hell.
Seriously, they are just so goddamned boring.
Mono-chromatic robo-men and a rather small 'giant' mech with absurdly rectangular, blocky legs? No thanks.

Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:53 am

Yeah, tone down the gold generator a bit.. 100g a second is a bit much

Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next