View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 1:47 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 27  Next
 =Alteisen Arsenal Labs 3rd= ))AAL Product 

Post Re: =Alteisen Arsenal Labs 3rd= ))AAL Product
Thatthing wrote:
The thing is that I'm on a PC :oops:

Ok then...? :?
Anyone else having problems with the Slayer's sounds on their PCs?

Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:44 am

I have tracked a problem, if you are using the zalos dragon mod and AAL at the same time it just crashesh your CC. I guess the problem is that there is a CrabDragon.rte in the AAL.rte. And when the game is starting with both mods it tracks 2 same .rtes and crashes. You know the rest.

And numgun, please clean up the folders a bit for next release or something.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:04 pm

The new sprites are just great, and they're at a better scale than they were before. Damn, I love fighting against these guys. They're just as powerful as they should be. Not undefeatable, but they won't go down in a couple of shots either. The K-D ratio was pretty much 1:1 through the whole match, and that was just on easy! This was on the 'Horizontal' map, and I built a small bunker which shortly got blasted apart. I used everything from Crobos, to Bear federation, on 20k credits. I managed to keep a single rocket launcher crobo alive for about half the match which lasted around half an hour, and eventually lost due to lack of credits, despite constantly extracting and replacing damaged units, and even using craft to pick up equipment scattered about.

One thing I've noticed is that when a pilot is ejected, he's on team 3, or team 2, I don't know, but he's hostile to both sides. Was this intentional for the moment and you're planning to change this with the implementation of Lua, or is it a bug?

Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:25 pm

it really not a problem to play theese sounds on mac but they wont load. if you want i can send you full list of errors

Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:39 pm

kiberkiller wrote:
it really not a problem to play these sounds on mac but they wont load. if you want i can send you full list of errors

Yes please! That'd be of great help.

@TehSomebody: My bad, I was too excited when releasing this mod. x )
Will be fix'd.

@Morbo: Yes the rogue pilot is intentional.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:06 pm

Numgun, you have done what others would have thought impossible. You have improved what was already perfect. The weapons, the actors, the huge rocket... It's just... Amazing.
I had stopped playing CC, but this mod made me get addicted to it once again.
I have two minor complaints, though:
1- The crash rocket's flames look a bit... out of place, don't they? I think that the blue ones from the older release looked cooler... Or maybe I'm just feeling nostalgic. :???:
2- Where did the Titan Dropship go? It was one of the best dropships of all times!

Well, aside from that, this is the best mod I have ever played, and I don't think I'm going to stop playing it anytime soon. Great work! :grin:

Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:19 pm
Profile WWW

Well here's the feedback I promised:

I fudge love this pack! Its just amazing. SFX are perfect, those tiny white floating pixels, the glows, the gore system, the regen its all amazing. I don't know about other people but I love the tank. The only thing that needs fixing is the marine legs, MPAM's are fine IMO. (I can do this for you if you want...) My favorite weapon is in pilot sword, so fun you use.
Keep up the great work!

Last edited by Roon3 on Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:34 pm
Profile WWW

numgun wrote:
Brainwashed wrote:
I'm currently replacing all the "Buyable=0"s by "Buyable=1"s. I'm also making unarmed versions of every actor.

I noticed that I forgot to change the Unarmed Slayer's instance name, which has caused it to overwrite the other Slayer. I'm not reuploading though. Go fix the line of code yourself, lazy.)

Hahah. You didnt notice that the mod already had unarmed versions of every actor? Check the "items list.txt". :lol:

Haha :P No I didn't. Altough I did notice a copy of zalo's Dragon.rte in the Linear Tank's folder. :wink:

Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:35 pm

Geti, Roon3, zalo or anyone else, youre free to pimp my limbpaths if you can better them. Send me the changed files and I will test them to see how they perform better both on AI and player control. And then they will be included in the next update which should fix the few problems. (I found about 130 InstanceNames instead of PresetNames too btw.)

Also you guys are free and welcome to make new frames or even new sprites for the MPAM's legs if you can.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:50 pm

Ok Great I'll fix the marines some point this week, when I'm done with my exams. (If I'm bored I'll do it today)

Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:20 pm
Profile WWW

Ok here i go (i removed unnecessary text from error messages):

Failed to load datafile object with following path and name:
AAL.rte/Common/Sfx/Unit/SlayerSwitch1.wav
AAL.rte/Common/Sfx/Unit/SlayerSwitch2.wav
AAL.rte/Common/Sfx/Unit/SlayerSwitch3.wav
AAL.rte/Common/Sfx/Unit/SlayerSwitch4.wav
AAL.rte/Common/Sfx/Unit/SlayerSwitch5.wav
AAL.rte/Common/Sfx/Unit/SlayerHurt.wav
AAL.rte/Common/Sfx/Unit/SlayerDeath.wav
AAL.rte/Common/Sfx/Unit/SlayerAttack1.wav
AAL.rte/Common/Sfx/Unit/SlayerAttack2.wav

Failed to load the sample from the file:
AAL.rte/Unit/Slayer/Sounds.ini at line 5
AAL.rte/Unit/Slayer/Sounds.ini at line 7
AAL.rte/Unit/Slayer/Sounds.ini at line 9
AAL.rte/Unit/Slayer/Sounds.ini at line 11
AAL.rte/Unit/Slayer/Sounds.ini at line 14
AAL.rte/Unit/Slayer/Sounds.ini at line 19
AAL.rte/Unit/Slayer/Sounds.ini at line 24
AAL.rte/Unit/Slayer/Sounds.ini at line 28
AAL.rte/Unit/Slayer/Sounds.ini at line 30

Thats all of them (you probably understand that i merged all of the errors)

Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:27 pm

numgun wrote:
zalo wrote:
He has 250 freaking lines in the Items.ini in the Missions.rte alone dedicated to what the zombie generator gibs. Talk about overkill.
(unless bubs did that part...)

Data did that part.
And really making detailed gibs is just ASDASDAD. So I took an example from Darlos. In any case, they do explode in a pretty way so gibs arent so necesary.
And I saved alot of file size too! :D

Well, in all fairness I do eventually plan to completely re-design my craft, including detailed gibs. Though they'd still probably fade quickly in order to avoid junk pileup.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:43 pm
Profile YIM

Darlos9D wrote:
numgun wrote:
zalo wrote:
He has 250 freaking lines in the Items.ini in the Missions.rte alone dedicated to what the zombie generator gibs. Talk about overkill.
(unless bubs did that part...)

Data did that part.
And really making detailed gibs is just ASDASDAD. So I took an example from Darlos. In any case, they do explode in a pretty way so gibs arent so necesary.

Well, in all fairness I do eventually plan to completely re-design my craft, including detailed gibs. Though they'd still probably fade quickly in order to avoid junk pileup.

Hey dont forget the funny gibs. i bet all CC palyers "love" Coalition Dropship's Doors and engines when (especially high velocity doors)

Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:50 pm

numgun wrote:

Screw filesize, the crafts need gibs. The current explosion isn't pretty enough to hide the fact that the entire gigantic craft sprite just disappears.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:04 pm

This may be a general guess, but what did you use to create the sounds?
Maybe the mac is unable to read them(like the weird sounds don't load if I kill svchost).

Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:20 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 27  Next