View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 5:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Concept Pack (Green dummies WIP only) 

Concept Pack (Green dummies WIP only)
Just a simple mod for me to get into the modding scene (ini wise and later Lua) as well as the First of my concept pack

these sprites are aimed to similar not as close as possible, since i may change some parts around to make them ideal to their suited purpose.
Like with all of the mods i shall do, this will be community based, in otherwords you don't need permission to help edit or change things or if you feel to throw your version of the stuff in. in shorter version everyone can help if they want.

Just a note beforehand These are, and will be direct copy of dummies (as of which is the reason there's dummy related things inside the folder if anyone wishes to browse through it)
the main reason is to get the correct balance between the two as well as the sprite related appearance, However what i am going to do is change the role these dummies play which is between Miners / Labour force with a cheap guard, or a Siege version of the dummies.
i'm also aware my sprites are pisspoor as of this moment since i'm really only doing this for ini and modding experience (for CC at least).
all Feedback is greatly accepted.

Green dummies:
i'll make them on par with the dummies but make them ethier cheaper and weaker but more of the miners , medic's or repair bots types (have much more effective tools used for mining or repairing stuff) and weak guard type units.
or make them the Seige version of dummies (high explosive dummies with heavy weapons)
Or i could make them be both. But lack any decent assault unit (the guards will only have close range weapons while the siege units will just have siege style weapons)
the reason for this is mainly cause i don't really want to make the green dummies just simple re-colours of the current dummies.

Green dummy rocket: almost a direct copy of Dummies rocket but has more armour plating due to the thicker body
Green dummy: the basic labour unit simlier to the dummy in everyway (These will be in two types, A Digger and a Healer / Rebuilder both will come with a tool equpi for their role)

Green small Turret: copy of dummies turret but lacks the shields to protect itself at the cost of a smaller price.

I must remind people this is a current Alpha for now. the ToDo list is more of a Known bug list as well as what else to come in. It doesn't mean everything will be added in it or just the stuff included since i may get idea's or people may suggest ideas.

What to expect in Version 0.2
going from top to bottem
Nailer: same as dummies
Light Nailer: fast firing rail pistol:
Heavy Nailer: fast firing Reapeter
Precision Nailer: Coaltion heavy sniper rifle for dummies
Nail cannon (Launches a NailBomb)
Nailgun (Shotgun that shoot a burst of nails short range) one shot shoots 5 reapeter shots at once (once i get around to doing so)

ToDo List:
(Green means Done)
Change the minor gibs to metal rather than orange
Fixed the turret's offset (i really gave up on doing it for awhile so feel free if you want to fix it while i ignore it for awhile until i get around to it)
Rename the weapons to something that's make sense
Fix the muzzleflash for the Pistol
Add Rocket dreadnought
Add Dropship
Add Rocket / cannon
Add SMG
Add Shotgun/Grenade launcher
Add Sniper
Re-do Current gun icons

Add Wrench
Add heavy Dummy
Add Levitation (May depends)

Credits:
Ketten for part of the SMG

Thesoupist (i think?)
for the shotgun , Nailer and nailpistol and rocket launcher (I heavily edited them to suit the need appearance of the other weapons)

EDIT 1: regarding the Turret, i'm scrapping it and starting again (sprite will stay the same but code wise it will be somthing else) I may also see if i can get around and make it use the same rounds as the heavy nailer.

EDIT 2: disregard that. i'm Avoiding any Acrabs for now.

Attachments:
File comment: Version 0.1
GreenDummy.rte.zip [1.37 MiB]
Downloaded 1158 times
Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:47 pm

Post Re: Concept Pack (Green dummies WIP only)
Anychance you can added that pipe wrench the green bot is holding into your mod?

Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:56 pm

it be in Version 0.2 just as a shovel.

Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:28 pm

Awesome, i wish there was more Green Bot concept.

Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:57 pm

I see you took me seriously :)

I like it.
I really like it.

But notice that Green Dummies were not intended to be a full-sized faction after all...
Not that I don't like the ideas, but you know...Labor units...

But I like the idea never the less.

Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:42 pm

concept and original ideas are the foundation of all my mods i guess, even in my previous games it was just basic foundations and concept art of other games and me improving upon that.

and on that note i have decide to make the Green dummies the Siege unit variants of Dummies. So expect heavy weapons and quite a fair amount of Terrain destruction.

as for the Levitation my plan was either a Giant Acrab tank, or a variant of the behemoth but with a Siege cannon
But of course i will need to ask permission of the guy who's name i cannot spell without double checking.

i may go back on the actor's and the rocket to improve the colour cause to me. it seems too bright, But right now it's mainly getting the weapons and stuff sorted which should be out tomorrow once i get bored of playing Killing floor with a few friends.

the turret offset thing kinda irritated me and put me off doing much ini related stuff.

That said if anyone wishes to fix any offsets feel free to do so. i believe offsets will be my bane unless it a exact copy of the gun/actor (hence why the rocket and dummy are fine)

Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:23 pm

You known if i could personally if i could i would pay a commission to get this factions concept completed, But it would only be a small commission.

Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:17 pm

You sir, have sexy sprites, and have used them to make my dream some true: the Green Dummy Faction is alive! Thank you very much, and terrific job.

Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:33 pm
Profile WWW

i apologise for my lack of updating, been busy with life issue's and drama as well as dealing with my girlfriend (not in a bad way)

i'll be spirting the wrench and coding up the guns as well as change the roundtype for a few weapons.
so expect a update somewhat today. That if i don't get irriated by the offsets

And as i previously said im still going to avoid doing Acrabs

Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:50 pm

This is exciting, but why the green dummies for the concept? I would love the Mu-Ilaak.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:02 pm

Emogotsaone wrote:
This is exciting, but why the green dummies for the concept? I would love the Mu-Ilaak.

The name says concept pack, implies there be more armies to come, The rest is just saying the Green dummies are only done / being done for now. once i finish the dummies im starting on the uriza and then the Mu-Ilaak.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:36 pm

Uriza? Sweet!
Undead need some love.

Also, I would love to see it done, although I don't know if it's possible...
Wrench (or any other melee weapon) to have a "charging" animation, similar to nades, but not necessarily thrown...With more damage depending on how long you charged it.

Maybe you could even do some of the one-picture-only civilizations, but that's more far-fetched than Mu-Ilaak...

Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Location: [Insert ominous, personally significant and extremely obvious location Here, e.g. behind you]
If I may offer an opinion: It'd be nice if you could only do the guns in the picture, i.e. shotgun and that weird tommygun thing, the rocket launcher etc. Adding guns just confuses things, and makes this minor faction more powerful than it should be.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:32 pm
Profile WWW

[Insert Name Here] wrote:
this minor faction more powerful than it should be.

But the Concept is there we must obey it blindly and without question.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:47 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Sims_Doc, if you are going to quote at least quote ALL the sentence, not just one part.

[Insert Name Here] wrote:
Adding guns just confuses things, and makes this minor faction more powerful than it should be.

He means adding EXTRA WEAPONS THAT AREN'T IN THE CONCEPT ART, like the precision rifle, the nail bomb launcher, etc.

If you want to "obey it blindly" you'd create the four weapons shown instead of six.

And LordVonKain, this rant isn't against you or your mod, since it's pretty good, though it could be better.

Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next