View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 7:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Mandalorian 
Banned

Post Re: Mandalorian
Books, games, comics... and yes, they are canon, but I have no idea who in their right mind would spend that much time reading about Star Wars...
(ninja'd by World Of Goo)

Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:46 pm
Profile YIM

yes, you where right, I was thinking of the Taung, because of a Starwars RPG game I was in where they insisted that the Taung where the mandalorians. my bad.

And as for things being canon, lucasarts says its cannon, but at some point this year, George lucas said that as far as he is concerned the only things in starwars that are cannon are the 6 movies, and the clone wars animated series.

so are we gonna get trade federation/storm troopers/jedi/sith/ewoks to fight?

actually the jawas would fit very well in CC I think.

Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW

The books and most of the video games are considered cannon. Battlefront and Empire at War are not however because they show a different Star Wars timeline.
Oh, and Boba gets out of the pit due to all his weapons and jetpack still functioning. Han's spear didn't destroy Boba's jetpack, it actually hit an activation panel on the back, causing it to start up without warning. There's at least 10 books and comics where Boba escapes, and ever book after episode 6 acknowledges his survival. He even makes an official appearance in Jedi Academy.
His armor was ruined after his escape and Dengar, a fellow bounty hunter, found him while searching the ruins of Jabba's skiff. He got new armor, but I forgot how..

Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:17 pm

Ah, but I thought when the jetpack was activated he got sent into that giant swirly hole thing in the desert. (Or was it some monster? I've forgotten minor details from Star Wars.)

And the two Battlefront games are canon, IMO. They're produced by George Lucas, after all, and he makes sure that the main campaigns play out the way he envisioned them to. Plus there are a lot of extra goodies I picked up from BF that I hadn't known about before; like some of the war vehicles and their names, planets, characters who were unnamed and had minor roles throughout the main six films, etc.

Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:37 am

Well, the battlefront campaign sorta disobeyed the storyline a bit, like the lame boring Jedi battles and the 501st clone troopers entering almost every battle in the clone wars.

Boba Fett was also able to kill the monster/pit he fell into from the inside. Flamethrower anyone?
Actually, I think he killed it with a rocket or his jetpack.

Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:48 am
Banned

Boba, please, for the love of *insert favorite deity here*, read this(when you have the time, that is), and this.
The only non-canon thing about Empire at War was the Imperial Campaign; Star Wars Battlefront simply allowed you to play through some important battles (the only thing they screwed up was the fact that the 501st didn't exist yet at the Battle of Geonosis). And Boba Fett does not kill the Sarlacc, he simply escapes from it. The damned thing's a giant stomach, a small burn from the jetpack wouldn't kill it.

Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:59 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3