View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 4:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Reinstalling windows XP home on a pc with XP Home already. 

Post Reinstalling windows XP home on a pc with XP Home already.
Sorry for the long subject name, but lately I've been having some problems with windows networking.

It works "fine", but only until about half an hour after booting up my PC. I can't look at "my network places" or "Connect to -> show all connections" or even turn on my internet program I use. (I use Verizon wireless satellite stuff, and it needs to start this program called VZAccess Manager).
That program also takes forever to start if I start it at bootup, but starts up in about half a second if it's started up, say, an hour after my PC has been signed in.

Unless somebody can help me in another way, I planned on just reinstalling XP home/'repair' installing it. The only thing I'm worried about is it deleting everything I have, which I don't want to happen. Can anyone please help me with this?

Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:01 pm
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

Post Re: Reinstalling windows XP home on a pc with XP Home already.
The problem with startup is because windows begins execution of all programs in your startup queue at the instant it can, leading to bottlenecks in memory allotment and processor time.

Now, for repairing XP. Personally, I think your best bet is to bite the bullet and do a clean sweep. You could try to do it surgically, but it would likely take more time and effort than backing up, wiping, and reinstalling.

Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]