View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 11:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Hit-Based Gold System? 

Post Hit-Based Gold System?
I've got an idea: you get a small amount of gold (1 - 8 oz, decided by random function Rnd * 7 + 1) for every enemy actor that you kill. This should be technically possible, right?

The only problem I can see at the moment is determining whether the enemy actor died of natural causes (like falling dropships) or the player...

It would be easier to implement getting gold on enemy death, but that would make it too simple to get money if the AI got trapped spawning dropships in a place where they'd explode all the time.

Still, I think it's a fun concept, and I'd like to see where all you guys can run with this.
For example, instead of just increasing the player's funds, we could make gold pop out of the dead actor.
Or make them bleed gold.

Sat May 16, 2009 9:48 pm

Post Re: Hit-Based Gold System?
Some mods contained a system like this before where actors would gib into "salvage" pieces, so once they were dead either team could pick up this item (like a control chop, for example), put it into a rocket and ship it back to Midas for 50% of the actor's price, or thereabouts.

Sat May 16, 2009 9:51 pm

Post Re: Hit-Based Gold System?
Sounds intriguing.

The thing about this idea is the fact that it does not require that a person makes his or her mod compatible with it, as it were.
You get money no matter what you hit...

So, I suppose we could make some generic salvage gibs... and make the script spawn them when an actor dies...

Sat May 16, 2009 9:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]