View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 10:03 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27  Next
 DarKlone Technologies (Old) 

Post Re: DarKlone Technologies - Updated 3/7/08
numgun wrote:
Darlos9D, im here to complain on the .zip file. IT SUCKS.

On some systems, extracted mods that were in .zip (Like this one) dont work.
Instead of .zip, use .rar or other. Kthx.

Works fine for me =/

Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:02 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

numgun wrote:

Lolwut.

.zip can be extracted by THE WINDOWS SHELL. How is it any less compatible than .rar, which requires a third party program?

Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:14 am

awesome, as usual with DarKlones.
This is the best pack I have seen in a long time!

Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:48 pm

Quote:
lolz troll. Though if anyone can prove that a rar will avoid errors, I'd be all for it.

It does, I had the same problem with many mods already. I can name some now: DSTech mods, DarKlones, Amrobotics' mods, Shooks mods. All those were originally zipped.

Even now if I want to use this mod, I must go and copy-paste the entire index.ini stuff in your folder and put it in the base.rte index.ini or else it WILL NOT LOAD.

So please, .rar kthx

Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:11 pm

numgun wrote:
Quote:
lolz troll. Though if anyone can prove that a rar will avoid errors, I'd be all for it.

It does, I had the same problem with many mods already. I can name some now: DSTech mods, DarKlones, Amrobotics' mods, Shooks mods. All those were originally zipped.

Even now if I want to use this mod, I must go and copy-paste the entire index.ini stuff in your folder and put it in the base.rte index.ini or else it WILL NOT LOAD.

So please, .rar kthx

That isn't proof.
If this was true, more than one person would have complained.

Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:32 pm

I LOVE the delivery craft
It's SO awesome and useful! :D

Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:32 pm

Is it just me or is the D139 not automatic? It does have more range than the D138, but it doesn't fire like an automatic..

Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:02 pm
Profile WWW

Winterous wrote:
Actually, the bullet misses the head only because its sprite is the same width as the head.
If you had little plates all over the body, if the bullet went through it would still hit the actor.

Wrong. Another problem that I didn't mention was that after a bullet passes through something, it doesn't come straight out of the exit wound. For some reason it re-appears a few "feet" behind it. If what you said was true, then bullets would harm actors when they pass through shields. But, they don't. Another thing to test this out on is the heavy coalition soldier. It's chest plate doesn't cover the entire torso. A bullet that goes through the chest plate doesn't damage the torso, though.

Subiw wrote:
Is it just me or is the D139 not automatic? It does have more range than the D138, but it doesn't fire like an automatic..

There's two copies of the D139 in the menu, the regular D139 and the D139S. The S version has a scope, which gives it a longer viewing range but only semi-automatic fire. If you want fully automatic, get the regular one. Maybe someday in the future Data will implement things like weapon attachments, secondary fire, and multiple fire modes. Until then you'll have to buy two different guns.

Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:15 pm
Profile YIM

The Mind wrote:
sorry to change the subject, but all the other mods will load in modmanager, but darklones will not

Awesome mod, though!!!! :D

Heres one more.

Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:49 pm

numgun wrote:
The Mind wrote:
sorry to change the subject, but all the other mods will load in modmanager, but darklones will not

Awesome mod, though!!!! :D

Heres one more.

This is proof that it occasionally does not load.
There is no proof that this is caused by the .zip format.
If it was, everybody would be saying this instead of just two people.

How exactly do you think that a different compression method is going to temporarily destroy the mod files inside, and magically fix them when they are moved to another folder?

Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:02 pm

I probably haven't tried this mod before. Good thing i did, because pretty much everything in this mod is excellent. (Great, powerful feeling sounds btw). The EM cannon just feels too powerful, perhaps lower rate of fire would be in order? Unless it's supposed to be that powerful...

And about that "mod not loading" glitch, i've had that too with other mods. I tried, but couldn't reproduce it with this mod. I think it was related to unzipping it with Winzip directly into CC directory. As you said, moving the files from the directory did fix it in those cases, but actually i extracted it into temp directory and then moved the original mod directory into CC directory. Then they started working. Or you could make the dir yourself. Or try another extractor. Must be some thing in how the extractor handles the dirs that causes it. We'll likely never find out.

Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:00 pm

numgun wrote:

Here. Works now?

Edit: Sorry, ultra erron trying to upload file,removing it now

Last edited by Jox =3 on Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:05 pm

You should definitely make armor that comes off.
One of which can be the little plume on the back of the heavy's head.

Also, I think the light Darklone, who looks like a ninja, is just begging to be equipped with a katana-esque weapon.

Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:14 pm

ScifiSpirit wrote:
I probably haven't tried this mod before. Good thing i did, because pretty much everything in this mod is excellent. (Great, powerful feeling sounds btw). The EM cannon just feels too powerful, perhaps lower rate of fire would be in order? Unless it's supposed to be that powerful...

And about that "mod not loading" glitch, i've had that too with other mods. I tried, but couldn't reproduce it with this mod. I think it was related to unzipping it with Winzip directly into CC directory. As you said, moving the files from the directory did fix it in those cases, but actually i extracted it into temp directory and then moved the original mod directory into CC directory. Then they started working. Or you could make the dir yourself. Or try another extractor. Must be some thing in how the extractor handles the dirs that causes it. We'll likely never find out.

Try this:

all mods that don't show up need to be moved like so:
Make a new folder that is named exactly the same as the original, nonworking folder on say, your desktop. Next copy (or cut) and paste contents of the old folder to the new one. finnally replace the old one with the new one.

Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:32 pm

Darlos9D wrote:
Wrong. Another problem that I didn't mention was that after a bullet passes through something, it doesn't come straight out of the exit wound. For some reason it re-appears a few "feet" behind it. If what you said was true, then bullets would harm actors when they pass through shields. But, they don't. Another thing to test this out on is the heavy coalition soldier. It's chest plate doesn't cover the entire torso. A bullet that goes through the chest plate doesn't damage the torso, though.

Aah, well, that's strange.

Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:21 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27  Next