View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 10:58 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 27  Next
 DarKlone Technologies (Old) 

Post Re: DarKlone Technologies - Updated 3/10/08
Sheezy wrote:
WTF? I tried installing it and it didn't work, not crash, but flat out not even loading the darklone rte?
The game just ignores the RTE and doesnt load it.
How2fix?

Download the .rar file TD uploaded on this page. It works. (Big thanks TD)

Btw I just had a match with these and it was pretty challenging. The armor of these guys is goddamn strong that even the large bullets from the MPAM's new mg barely penetrated it. These guys are challenging I must say. GJ.

Btw, I think you set the aim distances a bit too long for the invading guys, since I had lots of troops wasted from sudden missiles blowing up in their heads that came from the other side of the map.

Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:06 am

numgun wrote:
Sheezy wrote:
WTF? I tried installing it and it didn't work, not crash, but flat out not even loading the darklone rte?
The game just ignores the RTE and doesnt load it.
How2fix?

Download the .rar file TD uploaded on this page. It works. (Big thanks TD)

Btw I just had a match with these and it was pretty challenging. The armor of these guys is goddamn strong that even the large bullets from the MPAM's new mg barely penetrated it. These guys are challenging I must say. GJ.

Btw, I think you set the aim distances a bit too long for the invading guys, since I had lots of troops wasted from sudden missiles blowing up in their heads that came from the other side of the map.

It wouldn't be so bad if the game was set up so all actors could stop and aim to see up to the SightRange of their gun. But I suppose I could cut it down since these guys can see that far even when moving.

Really though, you can do it yourself if you don't want to wait for me to get around to it. If you scroll down the Activities.ini in Base.rte, you'll see a lot of declarations for DarKlones. There should be lines like AimDistance = (some number). Cut the number in half or something.

Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:19 pm
Profile YIM

Yeah I know, im just pointing out its pretty crazy at times. But I like crazy. ;)

Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:23 pm

Yum, fighting DarKlones is a helluva lot more fun than fighting the standard enemies :3
What surprises me most is that many of my rather powerful weapons are actually
ineffective against them... But that's only the projectile based ones :P
But since the Plugger series was largely ineffective, i had to make a new weapon just
for the purpose of surviving against these dudes. It's not easy to fight an army without
any full-auto weapons, that's for sure. Especially not if that army is made entirely
of genetically enhanced killer clones in really tough armor...

Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:54 pm
Profile WWW

Shook wrote:
Yum, fighting DarKlones is a helluva lot more fun than fighting the standard enemies :3
But since the Plugger series was largely ineffective, i had to make a new weapon just
for the purpose of surviving against these dudes. It's not easy to fight an army without
any full-auto weapons, that's for sure. Especially not if that army is made entirely

You said it, I had to pull out my heavy equipment to stop these guys.
And the heavy clone is just ridiculous... I had tough time trying to stop those.
Had to resort to some explosives since most of my infantry projectile weapons were useless against it.

Btw the flamer is just pure art.

Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:56 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

numgun wrote:
Shook wrote:

You said it, I had to pull out my heavy equipment to stop these guys.
And the heavy clone is just ridiculous... I had tough time trying to stop those.
Had to resort to some explosives since most of my infantry projectile weapons were useless against it.

Btw the flamer is just pure art.

The DSTech completely kills them! Anyone of the DSTech Weapons hurt the Heavy Package!

I have no troubles against these guys!

Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:13 pm

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
Post Re: DarKlone Technologies - Updated 3/7/08
Darlos9D wrote:
Also, I messed around with making some kind of sword for the exact reason you stated: it'd look good. I mean, the standard clones even look kinda samurai-esque, so it'd work out for both of them. But, I didn't want to make a sword like the ones that have been made in the past, but I couldn't figure anything else out. So, I scrapped the idea for now.

See my post in the Rigger thread regarding melee weapons. Think Shook's laser bayonet, but in sword form with some sort of sharpaim trickery to make a stabbing attack. If the blade could be put at a slight angle, so much the better.

Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:55 pm

I don't know if anyone still has this mod, but the KYA "kreits" mod that included 5 guns that all looked identical, has an AR that rips through Heavy Darklones with no problem.

Almost any other gun is ineffective, even Shook's Slicer Laser.

Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:59 pm

Perhaps my heavies will become a standard on very tough but not necessarily completely invincible things in CC...

I can only hope. Because, really, assault rifles shouldn't take down dropships. But they shouldn't be indestructible either.

EDIT: Looking over at the Riggers discussion in Mod Making, my stuff may very well be a standard on tough stuff.

Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:25 pm
Profile YIM

Ok, I'm doing exactly as instructed for installing your Darklone program, but I keep getting this error message when I try and boot it up:

Abortion in file .\system\reader.cpp,line 493, because:

Failed to open included data file in Base.rte\index.ini at line 28!

Last screen has been dumped to 'abortscreen' blah de bloo de blah.

Any ideas?

Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:01 am

Funtastic wrote:
Ok, I'm doing exactly as instructed for installing your Darklone program, but I keep getting this error message when I try and boot it up:

Any ideas?

So, I'll assume that the index.ini is set up the way I had it, but take a look at line 28 in index.ini in Base.rte and tell me what it says.

It seems to be saying that its missing the main file for the RPGL. Look in the DarKloneTech.rte, and see if the D147RPGL folder is in there. If so, look inside of it and see if the devices.ini is in there.

If any of this is missing, re-download the DarKloneTech.rte.

Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:24 am
Profile YIM

Dude, this is so rad. It's like the AI is better, and it's the first time since getting the game that I've been sincerely challenged.

Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:26 am

You want challenged? Add kloveskans into the activities. And while you're there, put the MPAM's too. You want it? Here.

Attachments:
File comment: DUN DUN DUN Take out Copy Of
Base.rte.rar [1.47 KiB]
Downloaded 173 times

Last edited by Sixteen on Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:48 am

Darlos9D wrote:
Funtastic wrote:

Any ideas?

So, I'll assume that the index.ini is set up the way I had it, but take a look at line 28 in index.ini in Base.rte and tell me what it says.

It seems to be saying that its missing the main file for the RPGL. Look in the DarKloneTech.rte, and see if the D147RPGL folder is in there. If so, look inside of it and see if the devices.ini is in there.

If any of this is missing, re-download the DarKloneTech.rte.

Alrighty, thanks.

Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:01 am

Sixteen wrote:
You want challenged? Add kloveskans into the activities. And while you're there, put the MPAM's too. You want it? Here.

NOTE YOU WILL NEED THEM TO USE
Sorry, messed up a bit.

Haha. Actually, messing with activities.ini is really easy. Maybe I should put up a tutorial on how to do it. I don't know where I'd put it though.

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:16 am
Profile YIM
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 27  Next