View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 2:41 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 27  Next
 DarKlone Technologies (Old) 

Post Re: DarKlone Technologies - Updated 4/4/08
Defused wrote:
I gather this means the Darklones are extremely weak to the katana and throwing knives?

Well, everything is weak to the sword. Cut up an AAL marine with it!

Last edited by Darlos9D on Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:45 pm
Profile YIM

Oh, just tried it, the regular DarKlone looks beefier, which is good. The katana muzzle flash looks kind of weird, it can be improved on a bit. Oh, also, some people have had trouble downloading it, keep downloading and re-installing until it works. Not too sure what is causing that.

Defused, the throwing knives get absorbed the the SUPER armor of the DarKlones and the katana goes through them like a hot knife through butter. All is satisfactory in damage dealing. Cannot wait until few months from now when that dropship gets released.

Edit: To specify on the downloading problem, sometimes the inis are not in the file. It might just be a freak accident though, only one other person has had this problem besides me.

Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:46 pm

B.U.N.M.O. wrote:
Oh, just tried it, the regular DarKlone looks beefier, which is good. The katana muzzle flash looks kind of weird, it can be improved on a bit. Oh, also, some people have had trouble downloading it, keep downloading and re-installing until it works. Not too sure what is causing that.

Defused, the throwing knives get absorbed the the SUPER armor of the DarKlones and the katana goes through them like a hot knife through butter. All is satisfactory in damage dealing. Cannot wait until few months from now when that dropship gets released.

Edit: To specify on the downloading problem, sometimes the inis are not in the file. It might just be a freak accident though, only one other person has had this problem besides me.

Uhm... which inis?

Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:41 am
Profile YIM

All of them, scenes, index, sounds etc.

Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:44 am

The base.rte version updated aswell ?_?

EDIT1: (I got the normal top file and that made it so i had 2 sets of DarkKlones)

Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:08 am

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
Bitchin' rad, bitchin' rad. Did you tone down those Heavies?
read: tone down those Heavies.

Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:19 am

Would it be possible to make the bullet sprite for the knives an actual knife? I dislike the fact that right now it just seems to fire an arcing blue bullet.

Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:57 am
Profile WWW

Subiw wrote:
Would it be possible to make the bullet sprite for the knives an actual knife? I dislike the fact that right now it just seems to fire an arcing blue bullet.

Alright. When you figure out how to get a MOSParticle or MOSRotating to point in the direction that a weapon is fired, as well as arc naturally in flight, I'll do it. At the moment though, its impossible.

It might look more convincing if I could add an extra black streak to it somehow, but I don't know how.

The Fat Sand Rat wrote:

Tone down? I'd say the heavy is one of the more balanced of the "big units" among the current mods.

Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:34 am
Profile YIM
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Darlos9D wrote:
The Fat Sand Rat wrote:

Tone down? I'd say the heavy is one of the more balanced of the "big units" among the current mods.

Well, the other mod's have heavies that can be damaged, the others need uber weps to hurt your heavies!

Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:12 am

the sword would be cooler if it was like an actual light saber, where when you held down the fire button it shot really really low lifetime, high sharpness, high accuracy, and high speed particles, right now you swing it and it doesn't even do the muzzle flash half the time.

Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:12 am

NeoSeeker wrote:
the sword would be cooler if it was like an actual light saber, where when you held down the fire button it shot really really low lifetime, high sharpness, high accuracy, and high speed particles

Uhm... thats exactly what it does. It fires 10 of them per swing, to be exact. Its just that its "semi-auto" so you have to press the button once for every swing, instead of being "auto" and being like "wall of blades lol."

Plus, I'm not sure how your specifications would make it like "an actual light saber." Unless you're referring to the classic CC lightsaber mod.

Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:23 am
Profile YIM

Darlos9D wrote:
NeoSeeker wrote:
the sword would be cooler if it was like an actual light saber, where when you held down the fire button it shot really really low lifetime, high sharpness, high accuracy, and high speed particles

Uhm... thats exactly what it does. It fires 10 of them per swing, to be exact. Its just that its "semi-auto" so you have to press the button once for every swing, instead of being "auto" and being like "wall of blades lol."

Plus, I'm not sure how your specifications would make it like "an actual light saber." Unless you're referring to the classic CC lightsaber mod.

i'm saying instead of a muzzle flash and the sword disappearing, the particles would be given an intense glow, and they'd be the effect and the thing that does damage, coming directly from the sword's emitter handle thingy.

Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:35 am

Darlos9D wrote:
Alright. When you figure out how to get a MOSParticle or MOSRotating to point in the direction that a weapon is fired, as well as arc naturally in flight, I'll do it. At the moment though, its impossible.

Oh I dunno, you could just make it spin.
That'd probably look better anyway.

Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:55 am

Until it hits a person square on the face with its pommel or its side...

Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:12 pm
Profile WWW
love the new sword, it's just what this samurai faction needs.

Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:45 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 27  Next