View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 26, 2024 12:20 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 DarKlone Technologies (Old) 

Post Re: DarKlone Technologies - Updated 5/3/08
Oh, that shotgun is pretty cool.

Sat May 17, 2008 5:11 am

The Fat Sand Rat wrote:
I don't disagree with anything else, but I think that you need to keep that and combine the knives and sword into a very short range combat knife, not thrown, and not a massive katana.

Done. I was thinking of doing that myself.

I SUPPOSE I'll keep both shotguns. But I just feel I should ditch the regular shotgun for the same reason I did the carbine: its too close to vanilla CC stuff. I suppose I could turn it into a hydrogen weapon instead of a caseless weapon. This would mean more "boom."

Sat May 17, 2008 5:33 pm
Profile YIM

Darlos9D wrote:
I suppose I could turn it into a hydrogen weapon instead of a caseless weapon. This would mean more "boom."

Yes please. The more boom the better ;)

As for what weapons i use... Well, i tend to use the weapon i feel like using at that moment,
but i probably use the non-conventional weapons the most. Not saying that the bullet
weapons are bad, i just like how your energy weapons handle. I'm not sure what i'd
say should be removed, because all weapons are definetly above average when it comes
to quality.

Sat May 17, 2008 9:25 pm
Profile WWW

Well, I like all of them being available, so choose which ones you're going to stick with, and just comment out all the others. Don't flat out delete them.

Sat May 17, 2008 10:48 pm

I use the pulse laser, EM cannon, katana, scoped battlerifle and the heavy machine gun.

The fiery shotgun is really powerful btw, if not too powerful since it can pass through the target, while raping it completely within through the deadly emitter. But this is compensated with the hazardous nature of the gun that can crisp you really fast if you fail to aim.

Sun May 18, 2008 12:56 am

numgun wrote:
I use the pulse laser, EM cannon, katana, scoped battlerifle and the heavy machine gun.

Actually, its more of a medium machine gun... heavy machine guns aren't really infantry portable. Of course, I guess in the CC universe, infantry are supermen.

So, I've attached a text file with my new lineup of weapons (grenades, if any, not included). Check it out if you're interested.

As for the pulse laser, its cool and all, but its way too good for just boring into enemy bases. I'm kinda uncomfortable with lasers, as whenever I try to make one, I end up with that kind of weapon. I'll perhaps leave it in commented out, along with some other things like the EM gun. It will be "officially" removed though, which means I can't promise any re-balancing of them in the future.

Also, I think I may start a new thread for this new inception of the DarKlones. Unless everyone likes having 20-odd pages so far.

Attachment:
Weapons.txt [6.33 KiB]
Downloaded 293 times

Sun May 18, 2008 5:52 am
Profile YIM

The new weapon lineup is certainly interesting. The preservation of the shotgun into a new powered up form is particularly pleasing. The new combat knife is also intriguing.

I also can't help but wondering if you are considering reworking the D57 Security Drone and D60 Scout Drone? The infantry parallels to their main armaments are heading the way of the dodo (at least from the official lineup), and although that doesn't stop the Hover Turret I was hoping we might see some alterations to these weapon platforms.

This would, of course, occur after the completion of the new weapons and clones, but if you were looking for a new project after those, well, you have my vote on the subject.

Sun May 18, 2008 8:14 pm

Kasrkin wrote:
The new weapon lineup is certainly interesting. The preservation of the shotgun into a new powered up form is particularly pleasing. The new combat knife is also intriguing.

I also can't help but wondering if you are considering reworking the D57 Security Drone and D60 Scout Drone? The infantry parallels to their main armaments are heading the way of the dodo (at least from the official lineup), and although that doesn't stop the Hover Turret I was hoping we might see some alterations to these weapon platforms.

This would, of course, occur after the completion of the new weapons and clones, but if you were looking for a new project after those, well, you have my vote on the subject.

Yes, I definitely realized myself that the weapons the two drones are based off of are now nonexistent. I'll do something about it, you can be assured.

So, I finished the head and torso of the new standard clone. Check it out:
Image The head
Image The torso

Some notes: the three blue blade/horn things on the head are individually destructible, plus the helmet itself can be destroyed. On the torso, the upper breastplate can be destroyed. The helmet and breastplate will act like the old DK armor does, in which weaker shots get caught, but stronger shots pass through and cause damage. They can only take so much damage though. After they are destroyed, the body underneath will also act in the old manner, since their entire bodies are covered in a flexible version of the armor, but it'll be easier to penetrate.

Next, I need to figure out the arms and legs. Stay tuned.

Mon May 19, 2008 4:59 am
Profile YIM

Location: outside the shithole called the University in the Forest
The head seems more angled away from the camera now... I have mixed feelings about that.
I was thinking that with the shotgun, the way to go might be to severely lower the number of shots per reload, from 8 to 2 or 4, while keeping the power at the current hypothetical level. This would make the gun seem more like a powerful room-clearer that a main assault weapon.
How will the EM Rifle change, and how will those changes effect the defense robot or whatever it's called?

Mon May 19, 2008 6:47 am

Damn, looking good.

Mon May 19, 2008 9:32 am
Profile WWW

Damn, looking good.

Mon May 19, 2008 9:44 am
Profile WWW

I gotta love the new DKT sprites.

Mon May 19, 2008 12:18 pm

The Fat Sand Rat wrote:
The head seems more angled away from the camera now... I have mixed feelings about that.
I was thinking that with the shotgun, the way to go might be to severely lower the number of shots per reload, from 8 to 2 or 4, while keeping the power at the current hypothetical level. This would make the gun seem more like a powerful room-clearer that a main assault weapon.
How will the EM Rifle change, and how will those changes effect the defense robot or whatever it's called?

The EM Rifle will change by not existing. It was pretty much just another machine gun, and I didn't need two. What I'm doing with the security drone, I'm not sure at the moment.

Mon May 19, 2008 1:10 pm
Profile YIM

I like the whole samurai vibe the new sprites have.

Mon May 19, 2008 1:52 pm

Your new sprites are a massive improvement, they look very professional, great job Darlos.

I can't wait to see them in action.

Mon May 19, 2008 3:38 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next